F/A's asking for help from Southwest CEO for tougher restrictions

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
I hope something gets done here. I fully support our F/A's request for more intervention of the unruly passengers and stricter punishments, fines and even criminal charges. This crap is getting way out of hand in the air, something has to get done NOW!!!
I also hope all the other unions will also speak up in support of our F/A's request and send support letters asking our CEO to help out.

It's time to stop the madness in the air, NOW!!!

Reactions: SharoninSAT
This is all due to mask stupidity -- both on the part of people who are sick of wearing them, and on the part of airlines & the FAA who are forcing perfectly well and immunized people to continue wearing masks even though it's just virus kabiki.

Get rid of masks, and the "misconduct" becomes a fraction of what it is.

Reactions: swamt
This is all due to mask stupidity -- both on the part of people who are sick of wearing them, and on the part of airlines & the FAA who are forcing perfectly well and immunized people to continue wearing masks even though it's just virus kabiki.

Get rid of masks, and the "misconduct" becomes a fraction of what it is.
Actually....the woman who hit the FA was wearing a mask. She just wanted the freedom to not buckle her seatbelt.

They need to treat crap like this like air piracy. Don't just keep them off the airline...throw their butt in jail for 20 years.

I'll go out on a limb and say the other 476 misconducts weren't arguing over their seatbelt, but hey, feel free to try and prove they were...

My point still stands that masks are driving misconduct reports. It's an undeniable trend if you bother to look across airlines and time.

Give this male passenger who intervened and protected our F/A credit. Please SWA reach out to him and reward him with free flights, bonus points, whatever, but pls reach out to this man and thank him for quickly separating and taking control. Free flights for a year I say...

And throw the book at the female boxer, what the hell is wrong with people???

A good move by SWA and AA. I would rather see SWA take AA's approach and kill the alcohol drinks thru Sep or even indefinite. There is just too much hassles with the alcohol induced problem on board aircraft. I say remove all of it...

And SWA takes my request to the bank. Now the alcohol is being axed indefinitely. Great move SWA. And thanks for thinking about our crew members in the skies...

Decision to Pause Alcohol Service Indefinitely
Based on the rise in Passenger disruptions in flight, we’ve made the decision to re-evaluate the restart of alcohol service onboard that was planned for June (Hawaii flights) and July, as recently announced. We will proceed with expanding our selection of soft drinks and coffee as planned and will continue to work with our Supply Chain Management Team in their efforts to build inventory so that we’re ready to serve our Customers when we choose to once again sell alcohol. While this decision may be disappointing to some Customers, our Employees’ Safety is absolutely our top priority.