F/A's interest in the pilot's discussion

CactusPilot1

Veteran
Contributor
Feb 10, 2011
I noticed a little pot stirring in the pilot's discussion by an f/a. Would anybody care to expand on this? Is there some concern that Leonidas is going to CATCREW, grabbing SS numbers and making fake ID's to sell to illegal aliens?

Comment in the pilot discussion group.

"Please keep me updated on this. I am quite interested in this whole thing. The f/a's on the east don't like the idea that someone has access to our info as well.....using it for personal reasons...and or political... anymore than anyone else"

My comments to this author, provide the evidence to back up your allegations that Leonidas is using f/a information for personal or political reasons.

I noticed a little pot stirring in the pilot's discussion by an f/a. Would anybody care to expand on this? Is there some concern that Leonidas is going to kittycrew, grabbing SS numbers and making fake ID's to sell to illegal aliens?

"Please keep me updated on this. I am quite interested in this whole thing. The f/a's on the east don't like the idea that someone has access to our info as well.....using it for personal reasons...and or political... anymore than anyone else"

My comments to this author, provide the evidence to back up your allegations that Leonidas is using f/a information for personal or political reasons.

I can't speak for the poster, but since you said anyone, I will give you my take on it.

From what is being spread around, the information originated from CATCREW. F/A's use CATCREW, so many of them are wondering if their info is available for any low level manager to see, and are worried about the security. Could their information be handled in the same way? That from my F/A wife.

I didn't read it as pot stirring, more of a question of what the heck is going on and what the company is doing about it.

I can't speak for the poster, but since you said anyone, I will give you my take on it.

From what is being spread around, the information originated from CATCREW. F/A's use CATCREW, so many of them are wondering if their info is available for any low level manager to see, and are worried about the security. Could their information be handled in the same way? That from my F/A wife.

I didn't read it as pot stirring, more of a question of what the heck is going on and what the company is doing about it.

Morning PI,

Thanks for you input. So you are saying that on CATCREW, both the pilots and F/A's have access to each other's info? That is not the case with MAESTRO, there is a pilot and f/a version.

I guess this person can point fingers at the company but not Leonidas. Baseless...

Morning PI,

Thanks for you input. So you are saying that on CATCREW, both the pilots and F/A's have access to each other's info? That is not the case with MAESTRO, there is a pilot and f/a version.

I guess this person can point fingers at the company but not Leonidas. Baseless...

No, that is not exactly what I'm saying. There is limited information that can be found by a line pilot or F/A poking around, but not private information. Our managers have access to much more information, so if a manager decides to hand over that information to an outside entity, well, there is chance to to have that information messed with. It is the company's responsibility to make sure that important personal information is not available to those that don't need to know it, and the managers have the responsibility to safeguard the information they are entrusted with.

Pretty common sense, IMO.

I noticed a little pot stirring in the pilot's discussion by an f/a. Would anybody care to expand on this? Is there some concern that Leonidas is going to kittycrew, grabbing SS numbers and making fake ID's to sell to illegal aliens?

As the F/A stated, CATCREW is the system where their information is kept. Being condescending or challenging the East F/A who inquired about this is not a good move, they do not have to justify their legitimate concern to AOL.

If you did not want speculation as to your methods and motives for accessing CATCREW data you should not have gone into CATCREW. Sending AOL literature to the East Pilots is certainly a political move, or was it meant to be a religiious experience for them?

The East F/As are not happy that AOL feels that they have a right to access crew files and to further escalate this conflict by sending it to the Pilot's homes. We all live with this situation at work but crew members try to keep it out of their homes as much as possible. Crew have an understood respect for each other's personal lives and this approach is a new kind of disturbing to everyone.

Please take this suggestion, stop being sarcastic or dismissive about this with the F/As. I can't emphasize enough that it is a really, really a bad move.

As the F/A stated, CATCREW is the system where their information is kept. Being condescending or challenging the East F/A who inquired about this is not a good move, they do not have to justify their legitimate concern to AOL.

If you did not want speculation as to your methods and motives for accessing CATCREW data you should not have gone into CATCREW. Sending AOL literature to the East Pilots is certainly a political move, or was it meant to be a religiious experience for them?

The East F/As are not happy that AOL feels that they have a right to access crew files and to further escalate this conflict by sending it to the Pilot's homes. We all live with this situation at work but crew members try to keep it out of their homes as much as possible. Crew have an understood respect for each other's personal lives and this approach is a new kind of disturbing to everyone.

Please take this suggestion, stop being sarcastic or dismissive about this with the F/As. I can't emphasize enough that it is a really, really a bad move.

I appreciate your input but disagree with your fellow East f/a sticking his or her nose in a pilot discussion. I resent the misrepresentation that a Leonidas mailing is somehow ID theft. If you have a beef with ID's being compromised, take your concerns to US Airways
since the list originated there. If you find Leonidas mailings offensive, trash em, that's what I do with Usapian garbage.

Since I was the poster, I'll reply.

CATCREW is our system and it maintains all of our info. Pilots as well as f/a's. I was asking a question and it wasn't meant to offend anyone. When someone goes screwing around in CATCREW because of their own personal agenda then it becomes my business.

If f/a info was downloaded in the process (whether by mistake or not) and burned to a CD or spit out on paper without permission I'd say we have a "Houston (or maybe I should say Tempe), we have a problem." issue. I don't know if this has happened or not and I have a valid concern.

CATCREW is our system and it maintains all of our info. Pilots as well as f/a's. I was asking a question and it wasn't meant to offend anyone. When someone goes screwing around in CATCREW because of their own personal agenda then it becomes my business.

If f/a info was downloaded in the process (whether by mistake or not) and burned to a CD or spit out on paper without permission I'd say we have a "Houston (or maybe I should say Tempe), we have a problem." issue. I don't know if this has happened or not and I have a valid concern.
I suggest you contact your union and see if they can get the company give every fa a lifelock subscription like the east pilots are getting.

Actually, with the "Me Too" clause, wouldn't the Flight Attendants in PHL, DCA and CLT be contractually able to get the Lifelock Program? I would definitely run that past the MEC!!

I'm not so sure our "me too" would come into play but if there's been a security breach where we're concerned, it would seem the right thing to do.

Also, I'm not liking the idea that some fool in PHX could diddle with our bids for giggles.

Flybynite,

Thank you for your reply. I did not know CATCREW was the same system. We have Maestro for pilots and a seperate program for f/a's. Maybe you have valid concerns with how the company handles our info but I know for a FACT that Leonidas has or had any intent of using addresses other than for the mailings. If we had a union which allowed Phoenix reps to communicate freely, then there would not be a need for alternate means of communicating.

I think you may be really asking a somewhat simpler question - what level of management, whether pilot or FA, has what access to catcrew information.

Certainly the active pilots and FA's have access to some of their information, but only some.

When I was doing the permanent bids, the guys at resource planning would sine-in to CATCREW and their sine-in gave us access to much more information on the pilots, but no access to any FA info beyond who was on the crew for a specific flight (which we only needed for the pilots).

With CATCREW, the sine-in is what determines access. From the individual active pilot/FA up to whoever has complete access to all the employee data (presumably someone in HR or the VP level). So it could be that a FA supervisor would have access to some FA records in CATCREW that an assistant chief pilot wouldn't, but the assistant chief pilot would have access to pilot info that a FA supervisor wouldn't have.

Jim

Latest posts

Back