'Fake' army ranger busted by a military hero at the mall on Black Friday was previously caught imper

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
'Fake' army ranger busted by a military hero at the mall on Black Friday was previously caught impersonating a cop

WTF

A 'phony' army ranger who was confronted at a Pennsylvania shopping mall on Black Friday by a decorated Afghanistan vet previously pleaded guilty to impersonating a police officer.
Sean Yetman, 30, was spotted parading around Oxford Valley Mall dressed in camouflage fatigues and wearing military honors that he couldn't possibly have been awarded. 
A YouTube video of a confrontation between him and Ryan Berk, a Purple Heart recipient, who was immediately suspicious of Yetman's mismatched uniform has been watched more than 2.7 million times since it was posted on Friday.

Some people just need to feel important.  Sad.  A lot of good men and women put it on the line and for this dolt to pretend he is one of them when he is not is very sad. 

Ms Tree said:
Some people just need to feel important.  Sad.  A lot of good men and women put it on the line and for this dolt to pretend he is one of them when he is not is very sad. 

Some people will go to great lengths to derive emotional satisfaction from identifying themselves with symbols and institutions of authority, including fabrication and criminal impersonation.  Many are too crazy or incompetent to have been accepted into law enforcement or the military in the first place.

Here's another one from the same source. It may happen more often than people realize.

When I was first hired on there was one kid (18 and scrawny) in my training class that was convinced he was a cop and a firefighter, kept multiple pagers on him at all times, had scanners installed in his truck and also strobes in the tail lights and headlights.  He couldn't even hack being a baggage handler but he was obsessed with portraying he was a professional lifesaver.

Another guy I had worked with I saw in the news was arrested a few years after he'd quit the airline, took it upon himself to impersonate a cop and stupidly pulled over an off-duty one who was on her way to work...

WHY? Do people "fake" being in Law enforcement, Military or fire fighting. The Answer to that may never be found.

We had a older teen here who was a volunteer fireman. Everyone though he was a fine example of a "Good Kid". Always first on the scene, never missed a turnout, an all around good citizen. Turned out the reason he was first on the scene because he started the fires. AFAIK the kid is still in prison for something like 7 counts of arson.

What I find sad is that this stuff happens a lot more then you know it does.

According to the US code he could be in violation of the law if he gained anything of value like a discount or anything.  I hope they nail him.  If he needs mental help I hope he gets it.

SparrowHawk said:
WHY? Do people "fake" being in Law enforcement, Military or fire fighting. The Answer to that may never be found.

I think it's pretty simple, some people crave the prestige, authority, respect, and sympathy that comes with these roles and are unwilling or unable to find it elsewhere.  Emotional fulfillment can be a powerful thing.  Also some people just find it very easy to lie.

This reminds me of one Alicia Esteve Head, 9/11 survivor with a horrific tale of her escape from the towers and former board member of The World Trade Center Survivors' Network who worked tirelessly for years, unpaid, to advocate for the victims of that tragic day - until it was uncovered that she was a complete fraud and hadn't even been in the U.S. on 9/11/01.  A good documentary was made about her case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcKIp-PR4XM

ChockJockey said:

I think it's pretty simple, some people crave the prestige, authority, respect, and sympathy that comes with these roles and are unwilling or unable to find it elsewhere.  Emotional fulfillment can be a powerful thing.  Also some people just find it very easy to lie.

This reminds me of one Alicia Esteve Head, 9/11 survivor with a horrific tale of her escape from the towers and former board member of The World Trade Center Survivors' Network who worked tirelessly for years, unpaid, to advocate for the victims of that tragic day - until it was uncovered that she was a complete fraud and hadn't even been in the U.S. on 9/11/01.  A good documentary was made about her case:

Chock, Maybe it is as simple as you say? Enough time and enough adult beverages and it's quite easy to over think a situation or opinion.

SparrowHawk said:

We had a older teen here who was a volunteer fireman. Everyone though he was a fine example of a "Good Kid". Always first on the scene, never missed a turnout, an all around good citizen. Turned out the reason he was first on the scene because he started the fires. AFAIK the kid is still in prison for something like 7 counts of arson.

What I find sad is that this stuff happens a lot more then you know it does.

A lot play the BS factor. If you haven't been in, you weren't a club member and have very limited knowledge of military or LEO life.

I've even run across a few who were in but inflate that an awful lot.

Guy used to come into one of my favorite recreational hangouts dressed in those Blues Navy wears, even sporting the Trident. Joe Seal.....was a medic I believe......talked the talk and all, got many beers bought for him. Turned out he wasn't a Seal, maybe he rang the bell but some one who knew him said he wasn't..... But that dude could talk Seal stuff all night long.

SparrowHawk said:

Chock, Maybe it is as simple as you say? Enough time and enough adult beverages and it's quite easy to over think a situation or opinion.

We must get together some time........
19.gif

Reactions: 1 person
People with low self esteem try to impress with fake illusions of grandeur.
Reminds me of a NWA AMT SCAB that claims he went to SERE training.... LOL
If you have nothing that defines your life, makes you proud of who you are, then just make #### up...
JMHO,
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
delldude said:

A lot play the BS factor. If you haven't been in, you weren't a club member and have very limited knowledge of military or LEO life.

I've even run across a few who were in but inflate that an awful lot.

Guy used to come into one of my favorite recreational hangouts dressed in those Blues Navy wears, even sporting the Trident. Joe Seal.....was a medic I believe......talked the talk and all, got many beers bought for him. Turned out he wasn't a Seal, maybe he rang the bell but some one who knew him said he wasn't..... But that dude could talk Seal stuff all night long.

Having been in the Navy if I saw someone show up in my local hangout wearing dress blues with a SEAL Trident telling war stories my first thought would be "fake".