Fall Schedule Cuts

hp-csr-phx

Senior
Feb 5, 2004
PHX
Visit site
Looks like Eugene, Medford and Oklahoma City are all cut this fall. These were all Mesa operated Express cities. More to come????? I don't think the company has stated any of these other than Medford.

Don't forget PFN.

Any idea if EYW will make it. It is already down to seasonal service and the routes are point to point no hub service.

Don't be too happy that it hurts Mesa (can't stand Jerry O's operation myself) because it's going to hurt main line load factors too. That traffic will be finding other airlines to fly.

ISP is losing BOS from Colgan, any word on if they are going to leave ISP altogether?

Is it seasonal service, Art, or has BOS-ISP been all year around?

Also, is it on the B1900? IIRC, Colgan has been wanting to get rid of those in favor of the Saab's... at least they have with all the EAS service they're doing under UA EX (formerly US EX).

Don't be too happy that it hurts Mesa (can't stand Jerry O's operation myself) because it's going to hurt main line load factors too. That traffic will be finding other airlines to fly.

How does your scopes read ( East/West). Could they replace those flights with the in comming 190's ?

How does your scopes read ( East/West). Could they replace those flights with the in comming 190's ?

I could be wrong, but I think Mesa has exclusive express rights to the old America West routes out of PHX and LAS. Also since mainline is grounding aircraft, Mesa will be flying former mainline routes with these aircraft being pulled from EUG, MFR and OKC. The 190's could be deployed to PHX, but I don't think that will happen until we have a combined contract with the pilots.

PFN will end this fall too, after being started this past April as will PHL-CRW. MFR and OKC have already been removed from the system; here are the city press releases for the other two:

US to discontinue PFN

US to end PHX-EUG

None of these cuts should be surprising. MFR and EUG are both long-thin RJ routes and cities where PHX serves as a poor east-west stopover point. PFN never saw great loads - I'm surprised that US decided to launch both that and VPS at the same time, but perhaps this move will help VPS. OKC-PHX/LAS are already well served by WN and without an east coast option out of OKC, US was hardly an attractive option for business travelers.

Jim,

ISP-BOS is NOT seasonal and it WAS on 1900's, so that makes SOME sense. There is now no service from ISP - BOS, and that is not good.

That said, I don't think US is smart enough to make ISP successful. My friends there said at one point they were thinking of ISP-CLT again (had it in the late 80's), but with fuel the way it is, I doubt it.

There are a number of very good people working for US at ISP. I hope they are able to get jobs with WN if US pulls out....they are all amazing.

The BEST thing about flying out of ISP last week was seeing them again...and they all understand why I don't fly US any more.

Latest posts

Back