Favourite Airports?

Mark K

Mar 13, 2003
I was just wondering if anyone would care to share their favourite airports....could always be useful to know when choosing the location for the infamous $100 hamburger. Im currently flying out of Cooking Lake, Alberta and have seen the majority of airports in the region here....looking for a new scenery....care to share?
over.
-Mark

Jasas, Mark You have gotta get out of Crooked Lake!

There are other great airports, I''ve visted, and I''m sorry but Crooked Laked ain''t on the list!!

Hey BR,
I didnt say that i am a lover of the Cooking Lake! Not by any stretch! I just happen to live 2 minutes away from there so its convienent...plus im busy at the UofA. Thats why i was asking where a nice destination would be...till im out of there i''ll be stuck at the CL.
CL does have cheap gas though... $.80/l

-Mark

Nelson BC has a nice little strip downtown and on the lake. It's within walking distance to restaurants  and hotels. A good summertime destination.
This isn't my all time favorite airport, but it is one that I am kind of fond of.(I live there)
shortfinalcznl.jpg

P.S. Thanks High Alpine Air for the photo.

''Slack Alices''? whats that?

Hey that looks like a sweet place. I was hoping to head down to Penticton this summer and now i want to fly there that much more!

-Mark

Penticton is a nice place too. Best time to go has to be when the peach festival is on.
Rwy16YYF.jpg
I beleive it's around the weekend of Aug 9th. Weather usually is hot, there are beaches off the end of the runway, and then there's Slack Alices.
naughty.gif
If you decide to go, spend at least a night. Oh and book waaaaay ahead, as there aren't many rooms available on short notice that time of year.

Cheers

wolf_evil_smile.gif

Oooops !! My apologies Kyle, I forgot that there might be those of an impressionable age on here. Won''t happen again.

Cheers

pirate_with_bottle_of_rum.gif

Well, now that I clicked on it Randy, I can not knowingly let that link stay. I think I would have to re-write the terms and rules if I did. Sorry. PM Randy if you want the URL folks. Penticton, eh?

Okay then....i think i get the idea!!!!

Thanks for that little lesson...

-Mark

Head for the Yukon.

Did my CPL in Calgary and for my 300NM x-country I took my wife and a friend camping for 6 days. Watson Lake, Dawson, Whitehorse. Watson Lake and Whitehorse have real facilities for campers right at the airport - Dawson was basically a tent pitched just inside the fence.

Be forewarned though - all airports in the Yukon seem to be a million miles from the towns - great money maker for the taxi drivers.

Latest posts