Fed. appeals court upholds 'under God' in pledge

You were on the right track until you mocked him with the organized crime bs.

What would be wrong with "I swear to tell the truth. Knowing that if I do not, I will be charged with perjury."

Would it make you feel better if I said "on my mother's grave"...

Make up any slogan you want. To a non-believer, it all is the same.

Maybe we should have courts that are denominational. Why not start a Catholic court, Protestant court, Muslim court, Mormon court...

In my opinion, that is exactly what the writers of our Constitution were trying to prevent.

Muslim's already have one Pal...and they're trying like all hell to bring it here and the progressives will probably kowtow.....its called sharia law.

Any current polling to support your latest view?

How's the boss?

obama_approval_index_march_13_2010.jpg

Take a breath Tech :) Dell and I PM back and forth and I am pretty sure he only meant the Mafia thing as a joke and that is how I took it.
I realized that.

Just had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

And Dell,

What do the President's approval ratings have to do with this discussion?

Easy does it dude...

My new sig picture...................

obama_approval_index_march_13_2010.jpg

I like it !

On topic : Why should anyone have a problem with swearing to God that he will tell the truth ! His God could be the Christian God, Allah or even even a shoe , if thats what he believes !

Personally I'm sick and tired of kowtowing to the the minority in this country ! Thank GOD they kept God in the pledge and on the currency. Again, if the monority of people don't like it, then get the @%*! out ! :shock:

I like it !

On topic : Why should anyone have a problem with swearing to God that he will tell the truth ! His God could be the Christian God, Allah or even even a shoe , if thats what he believes !

Personally I'm sick and tired of kowtowing to the the minority in this country ! Thank GOD they kept God in the pledge and on the currency. Again, if the monority of people don't like it, then get the @%*! out ! :shock:

Obama has lied quite a bit.....more so than many others I'd think. No wonder his polls are so poor.
He did swear before God hand on a bible twice...so he must got it right. Guess that qualifies him to be in this thread too.

obama-olympic-medal.jpg

I like it !

I do not believe in any god, not yours not the muslims, not the hindus, Greek's, Egyptions or anyone else's. So I will not swear to god.

Secondly, we did not keep god in anything, we added god in after the fact, not that it matters to you.

Thirdly, the the COTUS is there in part and was writen to protect the minority from the tyranny of the masses

Forth, the COTUS affords everyone the right to speak with out fear of retribution.

So, if you have a problem with the COTUS or the application of US law, why don't you GET THE F$%K OUT!

I do not believe in any god, not yours not the muslims, not the hindus, Greek's, Egyptions or anyone else's. So I will not swear to god.

Secondly, we did not keep god in anything, we added god in after the fact, not that it matters to you.

Thirdly, the the COTUS is there in part and was writen to protect the minority from the tyranny of the masses

Forth, the COTUS affords everyone the right to speak with out fear of retribution.

So, if you have a problem with the COTUS or the application of US law, why don't you GET THE F$%K OUT!

Never said the minority could never voice their opinion, I said, "If the minority doesn't like what the majority likes, then they need to get the &#@! out !

I tend to agree. I always like the example of Nancy Reagan. I recalled reading one time that she was against stem cell research when it was first being explored. When she discovered that it might have benefited her husband, she came out in support of stem cell research.

People tend to over look the fact that any time one person is denied equal treatment under the law that we all loose. That instance can be used as support for denying rights to others.

I am thinking he is not (insert minority reference here) and would not know what a civil right was if he denied it.

I am thinking he is not (White-minority class) and would not know what a civil right was if he denied it.

US Gov't been the biggest abuser of civil rights Pal. Whitey been dissed for quite some time here in the good o'ol USA

Back