Fedex & Mro's

Ignore Play the Odds. He was all over the boards proudly claiming to be a scab at NWA. He forgets to mention that had not AMFA achieved the wages they did, his scab butt would be no where near an airport. If you research his postings, you will find that his slew of posts were made at all times during the day as if he was never at work. His time records show him posting at times where he should have been at work at least 8 hours. He is nothing. He is not worth replies.
If he were a true mechanic, he first of all would not be a scab.
And more importantly, he would no be degrading the profession the way he does, union or not!

Read the way he has hatred for the M&E organization.
Ask yourselves why any aircraft mechanic would loathe the one venue where mechanics use their skills!

Ignore him!

Ignore Play the Odds. He was all over the boards proudly claiming to be a scab at NWA. He forgets to mention that had not AMFA achieved the wages they did, his scab butt would be no where near an airport. If you research his postings, you will find that his slew of posts were made at all times during the day as if he was never at work. His time records show him posting at times where he should have been at work at least 8 hours. He is nothing. He is not worth replies.
And more importantly, he would no be degrading the profession the way he does, union or not!

Ask yourselves why any aircraft mechanic would loathe the one venue where mechanics use their skills!

Ignore him!
I agree. He suffers from an attention deficit disorder. He has an uncanny need to be recognized in the world. MAE calls everyone. They've called me twice last month already. I'm just too busy to reply, working overtime now. One things for sure, if he is a scab, he's a pretty disgruntled one.

Man, is this amusing !
Here we have a Northwest Scab, whining about a Rat Trap, Third Party Maintenance Outfit..Priceless :lol:
You know what else is amusing to me? He supposedly deplores the facility and the way it looks, but he's the most interested party on this board when it comes to the maintenance hub. Now why would that be? I suspect that NWA is desperate to find anybody who will fix their planes. Sure, the facility may be a wreck, but now, beggars can't be choosers. NWA is maintenance hunting.

BoyWonder, can you not follow a simple thread? MAE is a deplorable place it is as simple as that. If EADS were to build a tanker facility in Mobile it would suck every mechanic out of MAE. MAE alraedy has a horrible reputation in the contract industry and something of this nature would simply be poetic justice.

I am not that interested in MAE, now Aeroframe Services of Lake Charles formerly EADS, before that Northrop Grumman, before that Grumman and before that Boeing. Now that place, I have an interest in. How is this related to Fed Ex? Fed Ex seems to be the only contract that they can land that can keep them with enough aircraft to stay in business, not to mention they pay their bills.

Yes you get calls from contract houses to go to MAE all the time. At least once a week. They probably have the highest turnover rate in the industry. You would think it would eventually catch up to them, I have been saying that for years now but mechanics continue to go there. Do you really want to know how they stay in business? They don't use A&P Mechanics. 90% of those mechanics down there do not hold an A&P Certificate. They work on a multitude of what was once union maintained aircraft. Your unions sure did do a good job in screwing you guys when they choose to ignore the third party shops.

Hopeful, you're barely worth the comment to tell you you’re not worth a comment.

Ignore him!
I know he'e trying to make a point. Maybe one day he'll make it!

I agree. He suffers from an attention deficit disorder. He has an uncanny need to be recognized in the world. MAE calls everyone. They've called me twice last month already. I'm just too busy to reply, working overtime now. One things for sure, if he is a scab, he's a pretty disgruntled one.

True, he is the consummate "attention whore" and gadfly/flame-baiter, and as such has been on my ignore list immediately after it was obvious he ( it? ) was the reincarnated 'Keep The Odds' after KTO got banned after making several hundred flame-baiting posts just before and immediately after the NWA strike began. I only read his drivel through quotes on rebuttal posts of others.

True, he is the consummate "attention whore" and gadfly/flame-baiter, and as such has been on my ignore list...
Ignore list Huh? I see you are cruising around with Former ModerAAtor in his Slum Mobile. Why would you put me on your ignore list and then go to a thread I started? That first post is really important to a thread don't you think? Why even bother coming here? Or where you interested in or have something to say about Fed Ex or the MRO's it contracts its maintenance to?

Does anyone know if FedEx has any intentions of sending its aircraft to Aeroframe Services in Lake Charles? I understand that FFC has a new MRO facility there and are looking for mechanics. I know that FedEx sent their Airbuses there to EADS. Now that EADS is gone does FFC have enough clout with FedEex to get the contract? Does FFC have a contract with any other company and how many lines do they expect to be running? I heard that Mobile was screwing up pretty bad. It was a horrible place to be before the hurricane but now the conditions there are deplorable. They can’t get contractors to stay there for any length of time. It is a prime time to move in on that contract.
Currently we have 2 lines of FedEx at Aeroframe Services. We have a third (fuel mod) line coming in the near future and we should have a 4th line by early summer. Can't take on much more work due to our hangars being severly damaged by the hurricane.

Welcome aboard LAcompositetech. It is indeed good to hear from someone on the southern end of the continent. Any chance Chris came back on with you guys? He worked with JJ on line 2 then went to the composite shop, a very nice place to be in the summer. Is Bryan and Scarlet still tending to business on the side? :up: :blink: You’re not Troy are you? Is Karen and Irma still working the tool crib? If so tell them PTO said Hi. :D Boy I sure do miss it down there. How bad did Rita tear up the Sabine, Calcasieu and the Berms? I bet enough saltwater was pushed up there it breached the saltwater barrier and choked the fresh water fish to death. I hear they are putting Lake Charles back together slowly but surely. Is it true that Cameron was pretty much wiped clean? I used to launch out of Cameron when I Roughnecked for Noble Drilling. Some damn good crabbing down there also.

Are these lines being worked out of Hangar D? If you guys are only running two lines why are you bringing in contractors? Is FCC still doing the fuel mods? Are you guys pushing aircraft out on time or is Fed-Ex still sending you guys the pigs from the Philippines? Those are some ate up birds. I lost track of how many seat track and floor beam repairs I did. The whole time I worked there I think EADS pushed two birds on schedule and that was just because they were clean birds. I sure do hope they got rid of Eric Price, he might of made a good marketing rep but he had no business being over maintenance. I liked Dan Stone but he wasn't worth a damn as a CEO either. Hell after you've done pushed your tenth bird out behind schedule with a blown budget its time to make some changes. Any way welcome aboard US Aviation.com.

Who popped the recruiters with a cattle prod? Three calls in one day for sheetmetal mechanics at Aeroframe Services? That’s a record. I knew they would have problems getting contractors back in that place. EADS burnt a bunch of bridges with the contract workers. A bunch of the guys here say they will never go down there again. The clowns (EADS) would have a Mechanic drive fifteen hundred miles and work him one week then send him home for a week and then only work him part time the following week. EADS left a very bad rep that Aeroframe services is going to have a hard time overcoming. Running only two lines I bet they are doing the same thing. Hang the red-arse on a few contractors and the word gets spread quick if you can't produce what you promise.