Find the Misrepresentations to Consumers on the Website

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
OK, so when I went to the wine cooler link, I started poking around and found a glaring misrepresentation...any others...anyone?

Respresentation: "When you fly First Class with US, you'll enjoy...Complimentary audio and video entertainment options on flights over three hours"

Link: http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/trave...firstclass.aspx

Sorry, not true. We all know the 737's do NOT have any entertainment options, but they operate on flights over three hours. Examples? Sure. Flt 821 (CLT-CUN); 1153 (PHL-MSY); 743 (PHL-MIA), 1833 (PHL-NAS). And, let's not forget the E190 which flies PHL-DFW (Flts 711, 1210, 710, 1274).

Those poor unknowing pax paying for a First Class experience only to be disappointed because they overpaid (even with a GoFirst Upgrade) for Worst Class.

Also the wine selection on the E190 is coach since we don't get catered with first class wine. Maybe we should just serve the mini bottle next to the party cup and let the customer pour it. We are soooooo funkified it's unreal.

Also the wine selection on the E190 is coach since we don't get catered with first class wine. Maybe we should just serve the mini bottle next to the party cup and let the customer pour it. We are soooooo funkified it's unreal.
I know this is illegal, but the FA can look away. Stop by the Duty Free Store prior to boarding and buy a bottle of good wine and give it to the FA to hand out! It sure is a better way than drinking that turpintine.

Oh, how about this one:

The US Airways Customer Relations Department processes phone and written (including email) passenger compliments and complaints regarding travel within 60 days. The phone number to contact Customer Relations is 866-523-5333.

Link: http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/about...rviceplan2.aspx

I contacted customer relations about an issue nearly 2 1/2 years ago and never received a response.
OOOPS. :rolleyes:

How about this one?

It takes a lot of different people to get our company off the ground.
What makes an airline take off? At US Airways we think it's the people. That's why we've built a diverse workforce that brings a world of different talents to our company. We know our employees are the key to providing outstanding customer service so we have built a strong US Airways team. We believe it is this team that adds value and strength to our company. Are you ready to come aboard?

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/about...nt/default.aspx

I mean, it does sound logical to me - but it doesnt seem like many of the people who work here stand behind this statement

Are you kidding me? Talk about a bait and switch - fly first class - well - almost first class if it is an E190 - not quite first class - but almost.

Hey - where is my Tuna Buritto? I upgraded to get that Buritto!

Give me a break!

United not only serves first class wine - they serve a meal in FC from ORD to PHL - go figure!

How about this one?

It takes a lot of different people to get our company off the ground.
What makes an airline take off? At US Airways we think it's the people. That's why we've built a diverse workforce that brings a world of different talents to our company. We know our employees are the key to providing outstanding customer service so we have built a strong US Airways team. We believe it is this team that adds value and strength to our company. Are you ready to come aboard?

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/about...nt/default.aspx

I mean, it does sound logical to me - but it doesnt seem like many of the people who work here stand behind this statement
That's because we've been given the short end of everything for the past 5 years. Management doesn't care about their employees otherwise they would have fixed this problem along time ago. Get on board?!?!? To what....a sinking ship with no life boats? A lot of this chaos here is caused by the sandcastle team. Sorry, but those are the facts. :eek: