Flight Attendant Duties

Cart Pusher said:
I couldn't help but mention Robin Fech as well. She was an ASA Flight Attendant that, after the crash of their EMB-120 flight 529 in 1995, continued working until the rescuers showed up and relieved her of her duties. All the while, I might add, while making wages that are comparable to those of a minimum wage job. You far underestimate Fligth Attendants and their willingness and ability to save lives in unspeakable tragedy, often times putting their own lives on the line.

Let us not also forget the UA F/A's on the ill-fate DC-10 that crashed in Sioux City, IA - if not for their preparedness many more would have died.
Cart, I was there the day they thru a big "ta-doo" at the Sioux City airport-Thunderbirds and all
--Not ONE flight attendant was acknowledged nor given any "medals" for that flight.
NOR did the pilot of that flight acknowledge his crew---Very,very sad-and my fellow flight attendants (I was Ozark at the time) had to hold me back!!!!
Thank God times have changed......

Garf you should have kept your mouth shut on that one. No reason to try to tarnish the memories of the unfortunate people on our flights that horrible day. You should just never had anything to say about that. That was low real low

operaations said:
Garf you should have kept your mouth shut on that one. No reason to try to tarnish the memories of the unfortunate people on our flights that horrible day. You should just never had anything to say about that. That was low real low
operaations,

It's Crew Schedulers like Garf, who make the relationship between f/a's and c/s's a living hell!

You are the exception, always nice and friendly on the phone. Maybe you should give Garf a class in People Skills 101! ;)

Thank you for the compliment. If we were all nicer and more respectful to eachother it would rub off. I highly doubt you know who I am but your coment was nice anyway. I hope you all get exactly who you want to represent you as a union.

woztwa said:
Cart Pusher said:
I couldn't help but mention Robin Fech as well. She was an ASA Flight Attendant that, after the crash of their EMB-120 flight 529 in 1995, continued working until the rescuers showed up and relieved her of her duties. All the while, I might add, while making wages that are comparable to those of a minimum wage job. You far underestimate Fligth Attendants and their willingness and ability to save lives in unspeakable tragedy, often times putting their own lives on the line.

Let us not also forget the UA F/A's on the ill-fate DC-10 that crashed in Sioux City, IA - if not for their preparedness many more would have died.
Cart, I was there the day they thru a big "ta-doo" at the Sioux City airport-Thunderbirds and all
--Not ONE flight attendant was acknowledged nor given any "medals" for that flight.
NOR did the pilot of that flight acknowledge his crew---Very,very sad-and my fellow flight attendants (I was Ozark at the time) had to hold me back!!!!
Thank God times have changed......
Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all... it's a sad state of affairs really.