Flt 1549

Gee, I never knew Bill O'Reilly had his FAA Maintenance certifications. Why? Because he doesn't, which makes his responsible reporting commentaries IRRELEVANT <_< .

What a pot stirring loser. He should go over to the Rush Limbugh Show :lol:

Gee, I never knew Bill O'Reilly had his FAA Maintenance certifications. Why? Because he doesn't, which makes his responsible reporting commentaries IRRELEVANT <_< .

What a pot stirring loser. He should go over to the Rush Limbugh Show :lol:
Sir, and maybe you should go over to the Rush Limbaugh show. Do you think you could keep up with El Rushbo, I doubt it.

Thanks for posting it. When it hits the fan it's nice to see the aviation community pull together and look out for each other. A tip of the hat to USAPA for their inclusiveness.

Jim

Captain Sullenberger continued in a leadership role in the aftermath, talking with the passengers, assembling his crew and including myself and the other jumpseat rider as members of his crew. I was impressed to note that he had the aircraft logbook tucked under his arm. When the Captain asked me if I wanted to join the crew at the hotel, I told him I would really appreciate it as I had lost my wallet. He immediately pulled out his wallet and gave me $20. His concern for me when he had so much else to worry about was amazing.

What a cool story. I'm glad FO O'Donnell shared that.

Capt Sully and his crew arrived today for the Superbowl. His flight arrived before the flight carrying the FAs. He was very personable and was very gracious in signing customers autographs and taking pictures with the customers who asked him and coming to meet the staff who had come to see him and thank him. He said he had flown in station very often and recognized some of the staff. He even said he recognized one of the guys from their old PSA city days. He introduced himself to each of us (duh! ;) ) and asked everyone their name. Of course, he isnt going to remember any of our names, but I thought it was very telling that he asked our names if it wasnt offered. He was nice enough to pose with us as well. As we were waiting for the FAs to come off their flight, he came to stand with us and chatted with us. He truly seems like a very caring, humble and remarkable individual. I hope they show the pregame section where the entire crew is to be honored.

C'mon Bob -- was it necessary to resurrect your chocolate-passin' days in the same sentence with the guy who landed a plane in the river?

Usually you post interesting thoughts. Just forget about those self-proclaimed 'hero' days of candy distribution.

Appears that there was no continuing problem with the engine in question.

The NTSB also said that an "engine surge event" in the right engine on January 13, two days before the accident, was caused by a faulty temperature sensor, which had been replaced.

Bird Parts Found in Both Engines Latest NTSB info.

Will someone please send O'Reilly and Rivera a copy so they can shut their pieholes and perhaps retract their statements??? :ph34r:

Will someone please send O'Reilly and Rivera a copy so they can shut their pieholes and perhaps retract their statements???
You presume the borescope was accomplished by competent people. Based on experience, I would happily reject such an assumption, with hard, quantified documentation.

Any compressor stall will result in damage. The fact that no damage was reported tells me they did not do their job. At the very least, they should have reported reduce operating margins. That they did not tells me they did not do their jobs in an adequate manner. Why would I be surprised?

Latest posts