Food Reviews

bofie

Senior
Mar 22, 2004
I think that the airline needs constructive feedback on the meals it serves. I'm sure that the sample meals that are tasted by execs are not quite like what is delivered to 3C.

So...

Transcon Chicken and Mashed Potatoes- Not pretty, the MPs were pretty soupy due to chicken juices, but all in all it didn't taste bad.

Transcon Portobello Mushroom Ravioli in Cheese Sauce- Pretty presentation, but the "ravioli" were more like undercooked dumplings...very thick walled pasta..and the cheese sauce was too flour-y and tasted and felt pasty. Really weird and bad. See photo

Photo__2_.jpg

ANd bring back the G0dD@mn GLASSWARE for JimminyCricket's sake!

So, are be back to a decent hot meal selection on transcons? They were, I was told, to start on 3/1. What have the choices been on the long domestic routes for F pax?

I think that the airline needs constructive feedback on the meals it serves. I'm sure that the sample meals that are tasted by execs are not quite like what is delivered to 3C.

So...

Transcon Chicken and Mashed Potatoes- Not pretty, the MPs were pretty soupy due to chicken juices, but all in all it didn't taste bad.

Transcon Portobello Mushroom Ravioli in Cheese Sauce- Pretty presentation, but the "ravioli" were more like undercooked dumplings...very thick walled pasta..and the cheese sauce was too flour-y and tasted and felt pasty. Really weird and bad. See photo

View attachment 4556
First of all what this is is Not "Ravioli" it Is an Italian Dumpling called "Gnocchi" !

If we're moving to HP standards, we'll get a warm sandwich anyway, not a pasta/chicken selection. I've been flying DCA-PHX a lot lately, and honestly HP's meals, while not as dinner-ish, leave me a lot fuller and less hungry when I'm done.

First of all what this is is Not "Ravioli" it Is an Italian Dumpling called "Gnocchi" !

First of all, my supercillious friend, it was offered to me as "ravioli". Gnocchi did not come up. You wanna give me gnocchi, call it gnocchi, not ravioli. You wanna give me a steak don't call it hamburger.

I know gnocchi well. We are old friends. This was a pasty gooey disaster.

Clearly a dish that doesn't lend itself to airline catering.

First of all, my supercillious friend, it was offered to me as "ravioli". Gnocchi did not come up. You wanna give me gnocchi, call it gnocchi, not ravioli. You wanna give me a steak don't call it hamburger.

I know gnocchi well. We are old friends. This was a pasty gooey disaster.

Clearly a dish that doesn't lend itself to airline catering.
Thats the fault of your F/A for NOT reading the manifest and offering you Gnocchi or Chix. Oh By The Way, It's NOT that bad! If you are flying US for the F/C food, you clearly have your prioritys in the Wrong order!

"Thank you for flying US"!

Transatlantic - Beef Bourguignon w/Basmati Rice - I thought it was excellent. The beef was cooked just right, and I was extremely hungry and the time, which made a very nice combination.

Tranatlantic - Filet Mignon in some kind of barbeque sauce - This was probably the best meal that I've ever had on any flight that I've been on. I couldn't believe how nicely the filet mignon was cooked, and I'm a big fan on BBQ sauce.

For some reason I'm never a fan of the salads they serve in F when going over seas, especially the salad with the poached pears and gorgonzola. I mean, if I'm starving I'll eat pretty much anything, but the salads really don't hit the spot for me.

Thats the fault of your F/A for NOT reading the manifest and offering you Gnocchi or Chix. Oh By The Way, It's NOT that bad! If you are flying US for the F/C food, you clearly have your prioritys in the Wrong order!

Well it beats the Caesar Chicken Phoenix... I do not like when Southwest has to be injected into everything flying from Phoenix... what is wrong with a Caesar Chicken .. :) But we do get glass wear... so depends on your needs :)

this issue keeps coming up...not to fly for the food.

duh, but if you serve it in F it shouldn't be disgusting.

i dont fly for the FA to smile at me when he/she speaks, but it still should happen.

by the way if you say that its not that bad then either the preparation of this dish is very variable or you are not qualified to judge what good is.

I was looking at this last night, and it was so sad that it actually made me laugh. Now, to get the full effect, you must follow my exact instructions. This is very important. When you go to this link, click on "US Airways" on the left. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT start looking at the pics right away. Instead, click on the "001-022" button at the top of the picture. After you do this, start looking at every picture and their comments, working your way up from the bottom. Do this for every page, work your way from the bottom.

By doing this, you will see the gradual decline of US in the last 5 years. From the first pics, to the last, it is a drastic change from the "world carrier of choice", to today's "LCC". I know we all lived it, but this is such a simple, but very effective, way of looking back.

Many of you probably have already been to this link, but if you did not do it the way I told you, do it anyway.

*note- skip the first picture from the bottom.* ;)

Laughs or tears; it all depends.

I flew MEX-PHX yesterday on HP, my first meal flight on US West since they switched around the West meals a couple months ago.

I thought the hot chicken cordon bleu sandwich was pretty good, but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired. At least our FA, an otherwise great guy, was handing out the plates with the sandwiches still wrapped in the aluminum-foil cooking wrappers. Peeling them off often resulted in a bit of a disaster as the cheese melted into the paper and made a gooey mess. Tasty, though :)

Thumbs up for the Bailey's in glassware. :up:

The rebranding is going smoothly - the flight crew announced it as "US Airways Flight 8434 to Phoenix, formerly America West Flight 616."

this issue keeps coming up...not to fly for the food.

duh, but if you serve it in F it shouldn't be disgusting.

i dont fly for the FA to smile at me when he/she speaks, but it still should happen.

by the way if you say that its not that bad then either the preparation of this dish is very variable or you are not qualified to judge what good is.
What Ever Man! I'm sure your A Real Joy to have on board! Just stick to your G/T man an enjoy! Question? What Do You Do For Work?

Thanks for that link. It was really interesting to see.
I remember when Allegheny would serve steak breakfast, lunch and dinner. Short flts LGA PIT had full meal service on most flights. Even using the genie tray meals were pretty good.
It,s sad the service provided now. Please put Glass back in First Class. :up:

What Ever Man! I'm sure your A Real Joy to have on board! Just stick to your G/T man an enjoy! Question? What Do You Do For Work?

Go back to my first post. Then go back to your first post. In which one did the bad attitude creep in?

I have a hard time believing that you actually are a Usairways FA. The ones that I meet are nice people.

A spy from United perhaps?