Ford worker challenges UAW union dues

SparrowHawk said:
This is what happens when a Labor Organization takes matters into their own goon hands.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/busting-philly-unions-pestronk-brothers/
Thanks for posting that link. Kudos to those developers for not putting up with the criminal behavior. Those thugs belong in jail, which is where some people may be headed after evidence which was collected is presented. It's too late to do a Lois Lerner. Bad for those goons too.

Reactions: 1 person
SparrowHawk said:
This is what happens when a Labor Organization takes matters into their own goon hands.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/busting-philly-unions-pestronk-brothers/

Is this the same incident?  I thought I read somewhere the law to eliminate union violence didn't pass Pa legislature.

You know, unions offer a product......they would have better success and public image if they didn't make union membership a forced option and do  away with the union goon thing. Package it as an attractive option and market it. Works every election cycle for pundits.

Dog Wonder said:
NO! They don't and that really is a big part of the point I was trying to make. The Government didn't create all these rules and agencies to protect workers but to enslave them. Force Big Labor into playing the Crony Capitalist game at the expense of their members. 

Now workers are asking the same questions you would ask when you buy a lawn mower at Home Depot. "Am I getting what I'm paying for"?  For some the answer is a resounding NO.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

Jesus Eric, after reading that I had to check out the headline of the story, because I thought it was the tactics used in front of ABORTION Clinics  !!

(Your turn)  !!
What does one human killing another, have to do with union thugs?

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Jesus Eric, after reading that I had to check out the headline of the story, because I thought it was the tactics used in front of ABORTION Clinics  !!

(Your turn)  !!
Lame attempt, G.... Can you share a link where they've called them whores that deserved to die, or where they've slashed tires?

The pro-lifers tend to do prayer vigils and the like outside of clinics.

eolesen said:
Won't argue or discount the fact that there are nutjobs who still think violence is the way to win the ethical argument around abortion, but they're definitely less than 1% of the pro-life movement.

The movement took that direction a decade or so back, after most were prosecuted the radical element went away for the most part.

The level of violence is definitely down over the past 15 years. Regardless, they're the Westboro fringe, and you can't fix crazy.

I don't think you can call the Boston union guys a fringe element when you have guys like Bears worshipping at their feet.

Perhaps slashing tires is an extreme that few stoop to anymore, but the tone of the threats, foul language and otherwise obnoxious behavior exhibited on their picket lines are more or less the norm. Certainly, it matches with what I've seen on picket lines and SEIU demonstrations in downtown Chicago, and it's not too far off from what we've seen in the airline industry.

Latest posts