Foreign Ownership

If this law passes, it would not surprise me that if Lufthansa, or some other "Star" partner buys into UAL to secure the US market. Actually I have felt this all along that Lufthansa and UAL would join, but the laws were what was stopping them.

It's coming, and not a moment too soon:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/18/business/skies.php

The new U.S. rules, put out for comment last week by the U.S. Transportation Department, could become final after the period of comment ends on Jan. 6. That approval is expected, especially since it is championed by Jeffrey Shane, the U.S. Transportation Department's undersecretary for policy, who has struggled for years to ease restrictions to a much greater degree than these proposed rules.

"The one industry in which capital is not allowed to flow freely across national boundaries is the very industry that has facilitated the globalization of all the others, commercial aviation," Shane said in a speech to the International Aviation Club in Washington on Nov. 8.

Now is the time to get involved. If this passes, the end for ALL of us is very near. Think Cruise Lines!!! How many Americans do you see working on those?

I can testify - I went to work for a cruise line in 2003 and i was paid $105 per week and i had a decent job on the boat - the only ones that made money were the cruise director and the guy that steered the ship! If we go to foreign ownership we are through.

Latest posts