Former and present Airline CEO's

Were did he get the money?

IIRC he's a hedge fund guy. NK went public and that means he should have gotten paid by now.

Franke is Co-founder and managing partner of Indigo Partners LLC
Company Overview

Indigo Partners LLC is a venture capital firm specializing in venture capital investments. The firm prefers to invest in air transportation industry. Indigo Partners LLC was found in 2002 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.

Mr. William A. Franke serves as the President of Bristol Group SA. In addition, He is Co Founder and the Managing Partner at Indigo Partners LLC. He has an extensive background in the airline industry and in Latin America, both as an investor and an executive. Mr. Franke is the Managing Member at Air Partners III, LLC and a Managing Partner at Newbridge Latin America. He has been the President at Franke and Company, Inc., since 1987

Got the info from Bloomberg business Week

Were did he get the money?

As much as the western monkey pack taunts eastern pilots over pay, Franke paid them peanuts for decades, with no benefits.That is where he got his money, the old fashioned airline CEO way, he stole it from his employees and taught Parker his craft. Western monkeys? That is why they want your money now. Keep them away. Best move you will ever make is to never, ever, begin to try and get a contract with them. You already got a good idea of the way they backstab. It will get worse.

As much as the western monkey pack taunts eastern pilots over pay, Franke paid them peanuts for decades, with no benefits.That is where he got his money, the old fashioned airline CEO way, he stole it from his employees and taught Parker his craft. Western monkeys? That is why they want your money now. Keep them away. Best move you will ever make is to never, ever, begin to try and get a contract with them. You already got a good idea of the way they backstab. It will get worse.

Calm down SF Bulls fan. What you say is untrue.

"Western Monkey Pack"? How very nice to say! It really does demonstrate all the characteristics a pilot should have! Honor, Integrity, Credibility, Professional conduct are all modeled by your stunning command of the English language. How impressed your family and children must be when they ready Daddy's posts. When I grow up I want to be just like you!

Just for the record, those who work for the former America West have treated me just as professionally when I travel. Sometimes they do freeze up with that Stepford stare but it's not their fault. Senior management makes it almost impossible for them to do what's right for a customer. Also I found out that a lot of the agents in PHX are actually Mesa which explains a lot as well

As to Bill Franke, he's been gone for 10 years, he's old news. Most people at HP weren't even working there and the one who were hated his guts. Heck one of the biggest HP kool aid drinkers on here buried him. get over yourself! Did you honestly expect 1800 lucid human beings to essentially role over and say "Oh sure bend us over and screw us like a Dutch Whore?" As a group they may be younger but they aren't brain dead. Besides which you don't go around calling hard working union brothers and sisters names. I get that you have a disagreement but ask yourself how these types of comments help the cause?

Back