Frank Rich on Mitt Romney

Actually, he has been asked about it before in previous political races. He gives the pat answer that he will not discuss his church's actions (or lack thereof) because "it has no bearing on my fitness to hold political office, or this race." Well, no Mitt. Not exactly. Just like you can't explain away membership in the KKK with a "that was then, this is now" dismissal.

Religion should have no bearing on the candidate.

My "Issues" with Mitt Romney are many. His religion and what is does or doesn't preach is not one of them. What I'm reading sounds an awful lot like the Anti-Catholic "Will he take his orders from Rome?" crap directed at John F Kennedy.

Frankly I'm just happy he has a faith and attempts to live by it. It's the rest of Mitt I have a problem with.

Religion should have no bearing on the candidate.

Dell, I must tell you that your attempt to paint Obama as a Muslim foreigner any time anyone says anything negative about any Republican candidate makes you look like an ignorant hillbilly. I hate to disappoint you, but Obama was born in the United States and he is a United Methodist.

P.S. I am grateful each and every morning for the current crop of Republican candidates. Gingrich will implode, sooner or later, and Mitt will simply bore everyone to death during the election. The rest redefine unimportant and inconsequential for our generation.

Dell, I must tell you that your attempt to paint Obama as a Muslim foreigner any time anyone says anything negative about any Republican candidate makes you look like an ignorant hillbilly. I hate to disappoint you, but Obama was born in the United States and he is a United Methodist.

P.S. I am grateful each and every morning for the current crop of Republican candidates. Gingrich will implode, sooner or later, and Mitt will simply bore everyone to death during the election. The rest redefine unimportant and inconsequential for our generation.

No Jim, it was a response to your denigrating another American and his religion and that makes you look bad.

Mormon - Muslim - Christian, all Americans where I come from.

You know what they say about Texas don't you Jim?

Texas, where men are men and sheep are scared.....

So then, what you're saying is that Freedom and Liberty as defined by the COTUS is unimportant and inconsequential for our generation?

That auditing and elimination of the Federal Reserve is unimportant and inconsequential for our generation?

That the pending collapse of our fiat currency is unimportant and inconsequential for our generation?

Hey Dell, somebody best get the word out to all those people that showed up across Minnesota yesterday to take their Ron Paul placards and go home since they are unimportant and inconsequential for our generation?

Let's for argument assume that Barack Obama IS Muslim. Does it change his abysmal performance as POTUS? NO, it doesn't not anymore then me standing in a garage makes me a car. So I fail to see how any candidates religion is all that terribly important. For me it's Mormon, Schmormon, who cares. He's a Crony Capitalist just like Obama and where, when, why or what church he goes to to won't change that. He's one and the same politically to Obama.

Hey Dell, somebody best get the word out to all those people that showed up across Minnesota yesterday to take their Ron Paul placards and go home since they are unimportant and inconsequential for our generation?

You serious?

Paul isn't a quitter by no means.

I still think there's a delegate issue going to pop up at the convention. ;)

Latest posts

Back