Frontier To Star In Reality Show

As a flight attendant with Frontier, I have to say that the Travel Channel choose us and not the other way around. We are pleased so far with the outcome because the show is basically giving us free advertising and promoting tourism for Denver Colorado. Of course, we're competing with Southwest, but also with United, US Air, JetBlue, etc. It's a 'business'. :)
Congrats on your position with Frontier. I have nothing but good comments from my limited experience on your airline.

From the Rocky Mountain Times article announcing the show ...

Frontier was chosen over other airlines because the carrier has created a friendly, relaxed corporate culture, the Travel Channel said. And its management was willing to open up its training process to the world.

"For this series to work, we needed to find a partner that would give us the access we needed around the clock," said James Ashurst, a Travel Channel spokesman. "Frontier gave us that access, and we think it worked out great."

Sounds like The Travel Channel looked at many potential partners and perhaps didn't so much seek out Frontier specifically but rather made Frontier their choice from those airlines that would agree to the Network's stipulations. Not a slam at F9, just a reality-show check! Still, I'll give you that it's a much better PR opportunity for you than A&E's Airline is for SWA!

Unfortunately, our In-Flight Director (VP) died unexpectedly after Christmas.

I read that and was saddened. My sympathy and encouragement to the entire Frontier Family.

America West was chosen first for this show, but the merger and all that killed it. Would have been fun to watch AWA's classes!

Back