S1113 Information

The inability to replace the TWU was because it was not a priority in the lives of the membership. With S1113 , maybe there will be a new priority for those that remain.

How many AMT jobs are being sacrificed to change the outcome of the LBO ?

The inability to replace the TWU was because the NMB was influenced by both AA and TWU to include absurd additions to the eligibility list of voters in the Craft or Class.

There were Fleet Service Clerks who had Fueler Qualifications but their work had been outsourced by the TWU.
TWU/AA claimed those functions might return to those cities. Instead, we now see they are about to all be outsourced.
Did not matter that they had no fueling operations to perform, the NMB bought the charade.

There were also TWA employees with pending grievances, that the TWU claimed their case would be heard and if won could place them in the Craft or Class.
Never heard. Never Won

There were deceased, retired, and resigned on the list.
I recall one AMT had quit TWA in 1984, at the time (2003) (19 years) had worked for USAir since leaving.
We called one on the list and got his Widow, the AMT had been dead for years and our phone call did nothing but disturb the poor woman.

Still on the list.

Unless you count that we may need 75% signed to overcome this type of BS, then it was not the membership that was at fault.
The TWU remains because of lies, cheats, and corruption.....along with political influence paid for with your paycheck....period

Still on the list.
While the new rules for representative elections makes it harder to get an election, it also makes it easier for the membership to win an election - 50% +1 of votes cast is easier to get than 50% +1 of "members" of the craft/class when people that aren't in the craft/class and won't vote don't count as "no" votes.

Jim

While the new rules for representative elections makes it harder to get an election, it also makes it easier for the membership to win an election - 50% +1 of votes cast is easier to get than 50% +1 of "members" of the craft/class when people that aren't in the craft/class and won't vote don't count as "no" votes.

Jim

The problem was getting the election to begin with.
Had there been one, then the TWU would not be the Mechanic and Related representative.

The problem was getting the election to begin with.
Had there been one, then the TWU would not be the Mechanic and Related representative.
I haven't really studied it - being retired it doesn't affect me - buy my impression is that getting the election is harder if the legislative change has been passed and signed by Obama. But to see the majority opinion here, getting 50% +1 shouldn't be too hard. And while the previous requirement was 35% of members of the class/craft submitting cards, if a union couldn't get at least 50% it might not win an election anyway.

Jim