Gasoline up 100% under Obama

Oh and how did it end up today? Guess

And Gas Prices Reach Five Dollars a Gallon in the Nation's Capital

Gas-Prices-Reach-Five-Dollars-a-Gallon-in-the-Nations-Capital.jpg

But don't worry.....soon we will be borrowing from the Chinese to pay the Brazilians to import oil.

Hope and change baby, hope and change!

Remeber: Obama - I’d like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

June 11, 2008—According to Barack Obama, high gas prices don’t really constitute a problem for Americans. He stated yesterday that the reason for our anger is the rapid increase in prices, not the prices themselves. Obama claimed that Americans would have accepted a “gradual adjustment” to the current cost

Dems%2BPlan%2Bto%2BLower%2BGas%2BPrices.jpg

Remeber: Obama - I’d like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

June 11, 2008—According to Barack Obama, high gas prices don’t really constitute a problem for Americans. He stated yesterday that the reason for our anger is the rapid increase in prices, not the prices themselves. Obama claimed that Americans would have accepted a “gradual adjustment” to the current cost

Dems%2BPlan%2Bto%2BLower%2BGas%2BPrices.jpg

The Department of Distraction Swings Into Action

Justice Department group (aka Kabuki theater) tasked with monitoring oil prices

Reporting from Washington— As gas prices across the nation inch higher, the Obama administration will investigate the energy markets for any evidence of manipulation of oil and gas prices through the formation of a new group, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.

“The Working Group will also evaluate developments in commodities markets and examine investor practices, supply and demand factors and the role of speculators and index traders in oil futures markets,” Justice said.

However the fact is that federal agencies already have authority to address potential market abuses and undue speculation.

Really, why is he upset given the fact that he - and key officials in his administration (including the Secretary of Energy) - have long desired high prices on energy? But why accept blame when it can be diverted to straw men, a la his screeds against fat cats on Wall Street?

Here’s a non-enabling professor’s take:

Craig Pirrong, a finance professor at the University of Houston who specializes in commodity prices, says the task force is hardly needed, since the agencies already have the tools to monitor for fraud and take action.

“This is a transparently political fishing expedition that insinuates that fraud or manipulation is distorting oil prices without providing even the flimsiest factual basis for such a suspicion,” Pirrong said. “This is part of a broad effort by the administration to deflect criticism with regard to gasoline prices.”

kabuki.jpg

Anytime I hear someone from the Obama Administration speak I'm reminded of this little clip. Actually upon further consideration I'll revise and extend me remarks to include the entire US Congress, all Cabinet level officials and the MSM.

We're getting it right up our assets and not even a dollop of K-Y.

Funny thing is the free market may actually be Obama's undoing. If the price of Gas hits $6.00/Gal I think it's a pretty safe bet The Supreme Leader of the Peoples Republic of Barackistan is TOAST, nice crispy unbuttered TOAST

Unintended consequence?

Wash. considers annual flat fee for electric car

OLYMPIA, Wash. – Drivers of electric cars may have left the gas pump behind, but there's one expense they may not be able to shake: paying to maintain the roads.

After years of urging residents to buy fuel-efficient cars and giving them tax breaks to do it, Washington state lawmakers are considering a measure to charge them a $100 annual fee — what would be the nation's first electric car fee.

State lawmakers grappling with a $5 billion deficit are facing declining gas tax revenue, which means less money to maintain or improve roads.

"Electric vehicles put just as much wear and tear on our roads as gas vehicles," said Democratic state Sen. Mary Margaret Haugen, the bill's lead sponsor. "This simply ensures that they contribute their fair share to the upkeep of our roads."

Gotta love the democrats philosophy. These are the same bufoons that passed an additional $1.00 a pack cig tax to increase revenue. The month after implementation…. tobacco tax revenue fell by $10 million dollars. Go figure!

Unintended consequence?

Wash. considers annual flat fee for electric car

Gotta love the democrats philosophy. These are the same bufoons that passed an additional $1.00 a pack cig tax to increase revenue. The month after implementation…. tobacco tax revenue fell by $10 million dollars. Go figure!

Well Dapoes,

They will never "Get it". The government that governs least governs best. Some Evil Republican named Tommy Jefferson said that I think.

It's almost worth paying $6/Gal to get rid of the Obama parasite.

Well Dapoes,

They will never "Get it". The government that governs least governs best. Some Evil Republican named Tommy Jefferson said that I think.

It's almost worth paying $6/Gal to get rid of the Obama parasite.

I know, so that long held liberal idea of "high gas prices is good because it will wean people off gas in favor of electric cars" falls flat on its face. The gas tax is not about weaning people off gas, it about tax slush fund revenue. So when that goes away they find another way to tax upon the people.

liberal_gun.jpg

Last time I checked its a free market society and I dont see the White House telling the oil companies what price to sell their products for.

And maybe if they built capacity into refineries since one hasnt been built in over 20 years, yet demand is higher.

Last time I checked its a free market society and I dont see the White House telling the oil companies what price to sell their products for.

And maybe if they built capacity into refineries since one hasnt been built in over 20 years, yet demand is higher.

Well it's a free market to a point. If you snoop around you'll find that refinery capacity is just fine.

Oil world wide is tied to the dollar. Dollar is being devalued due to crushing debt.

Do the math. The rise is a direct result of the actions of Obama Lama Ding Dong

Chronicling leftist hypocrisy on the price of gas...

... and the duplicity of Barack Hussein Obama. I've not seen anything to date that is as effective in painting the picture as what you're about to see here:

In 2006 the Democrats and the media screamed bloody murder over the high price of gas. When Barack Obama was inaugurated, the average gas price was $1.87 a gallon. Now that the price has more than doubled, what are the Democrats and the administration saying now? If you guessed that high gas prices under Obama are somehow a good thing, give yourself a pat on the back. The liberal mindset is always an amazing thing to behold.

Chronicling leftist hypocrisy on the price of gas...

... and the duplicity of Barack Hussein Obama. I've not seen anything to date that is as effective in painting the picture as what you're about to see here:

In 2006 the Democrats and the media screamed bloody murder over the high price of gas. When Barack Obama was inaugurated, the average gas price was $1.87 a gallon. Now that the price has more than doubled, what are the Democrats and the administration saying now? If you guessed that high gas prices under Obama are somehow a good thing, give yourself a pat on the back. The liberal mindset is always an amazing thing to behold.

Pointing out the Hypocrisy of the Left is like saying the sky is blue. Not that the Republicans are all that much better.

For me the filter is quote simple. When I get my pay stub I look at the line that says "Witholding" it becomes crystal clear that I don't live in a truly free society and the Republicrats are to blame

Well it's a free market to a point. If you snoop around you'll find that refinery capacity is just fine.

Oil world wide is tied to the dollar. Dollar is being devalued due to crushing debt.

Do the math. The rise is a direct result of the actions of Obama Lama Ding Dong

OH horse crap.

The Chines economy has grown over 300% just from 1990 to 2006. It has been averaging 10% a year. Last year it slowed down a bit to about 8.7%. India's growth is following a little behind them. Oil demand is increasing. What happens when demand increases? Prices go up. Add the speculators on to the demand increase and prices go up even farther. Right now, refiners are switching over from winter gas to summer gas so supply is a bit down from what it is when they are running at max capacity. Obama is no more responsible for the gas prices than Bush or the man in the moon.

Back