George Rozinak

crazystnic

Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Very sorry to hear this, George made Ground school and Bob trainning Bearable.
was a great guy to have in the GS.

George Kenneth Rozinak, Flight Crew Training Instructor
It is with deep sadness that we report the passing of one of our instructors.

George, age 61, of Rock Hill, SC, formerly of Pittsburgh, PA, passed away on May 31, 2013.
George is survived by his wife, Muriel Kay Rozinak. He is also survived by daughters Jennifer Bernat (Karl) of Center Twp., PA, and
Kathleen Hermann (Mike) of Zelienople, PA; son 1 LT Geoffrey Rozinak (Christine) of Fort Bragg, NC; stepson Anthony Traci of
Sewickley, PA; six grandchildren, Kasey, Brady, Jack, Sam, Geoff Jr. and Ellie; also survived by siblings Sharon Miller, Bonnie
Popko, Dan Rozinak and Sue Williamson.
He leaves behind his faithful labrador retriever, Tucker. He was preceded in death by parents George and Alice Rozinak.
George graduated from Jacksonville University, FL, and served from 1974 to 1981 as an active duty naval officer with the US Navy.
George retired from the Naval Reserves in 1992.
For the past 28 years, George was employed by US Airways, Inc. as a Flight Crew Training Instructor. He also flew as a corporate
pilot for Golden Eagle Construction Company and as Chief Flight Instructor for Beaver Aviation Service/Pan Am Flight Academy in
PA.
Friends will be received on Wednesday, June 5, 2013, from 6 9 p.m. at the H.P. BRANDT FUNERAL HOME, INC., 1032 Perry
Highway, Ross Twp. Pittsburgh, PA  412 364 4444, where a Funeral Service will be held on Thursday at 11 a.m.

Thanks for that posting, I was saddened and shocked to hear about George's passing. 28 years ago I was a new hire FE, and George was my instructor. My classmate and I were George's first students, in fact HIS instructor was with him for the duration.

Kind of like my own classmates, I would see George once a year, usually in training, always touching base with a quick conversation. Did I really know him, probably not. But last June I got to spend a couple of hours with him in the CRM training with the F/As. What a great guy, I think he was actually about to retire. We reminisced about our first encounter decades ago. Life passes fast. And it was always nice to see him in the crew room sessions.

Wish I had known sooner, would like to have attended his service.

Great guy all around. I will miss him.

Greeter

Reactions: 5 people