Good read for Newbies

The website works fine. The flights you are referring to are express flights with Republic. There is no first class on the planes. Not that I want to blame the customer, but you might want to look closer next time before you write your diatribe.
The non-refundable coach fare is $298+tax. Pretty reasonable IMHO.
It apppears that PHX-IAH is the only route where CO mainline competes with US mainline and US 1st class is $20.00 cheaper for those dates.

EDIT: They compete PHX-EWR as well and US is $382 cheaper for 1st for those same dates.

I didn't notice that when I did my search. You have to click into the flight number to see the aircraft type, and I just automatically assumed that a 3:40 flight (inclusive of padding :) ) would be mainline. My mistake.

I didn't notice that when I did my search. You have to click into the flight number to see the aircraft type, and I just automatically assumed that a 3:40 flight (inclusive of padding :) ) would be mainline. My mistake.

No problem (sarcasam noted, BTW). I do agree that 3.5 hours is a very long flight for an express carrier, but that is a different thread. On the US website you call tell by looking at the little flag on the left (this flight has a little YX next to it).
I've never been on an E175 (all we have out in PHX are CRJ's.). Anybody know if they are better than an CRJ900?

No problem (sarcasam noted, BTW). I do agree that 3.5 hours is a very long flight for an express carrier, but that is a different thread. On the US website you call tell by looking at the little flag on the left (this flight has a little YX next to it).
I've never been on an E175 (all we have out in PHX are CRJ's.). Anybody know if they are better than an CRJ900?

I noticed that the second time around. I do pay attention to aircraft type when I do real bookings, but this was just a cursory glance to try to prove a point......an important detail of which I overlooked. :rolleyes:

The 170's and 175's are about as different on the seating comfort spectrum as a wooden board with splinters and a throne. :lol: I guess if you're going to fly an RJ on a route which is blocked for 3:40, the 175 (or preferably the 190) is the way to go. And truth be told, I'd rather be in Y on a 175 for 3:40 than Y on CO's rock hard mainline Y seats for 3:40. But if I were willing to pay for F, I'd have no choice but to fly CO on this route.

Back