Goodwin Suing For Benefits

TravelDude

Advanced
Nov 21, 2003
This maybe old news to some of you, but I just stumbled across it and thought it was good to pass on!

Goodwin Suing for Benefits
Mary Wisniewski, Bloomberg 01/14/04

Jim Goodwin and 25 other ex-company officials asked a U.S. bankruptcy judge Tuesday to order the release of internal company documents that may bolster their bid for hundreds of thousands of dollars in extra retirement benefits.

The executives, who include Stuart Oran, president of United's defunct business-jet unit Avolar, said in their filing that the decision was "callous and arbitrary." Oran declined to comment today and Goodwin couldn't be reached for comment.

Oran, who was to receive $300,000 in yearly retirement benefits, will now get about $20,000 - "an amount that will be impossible to live on," court papers say.

Other former executives who joined the court request include former UAL senior vice president Hart Langer.

I think its a case of "your turn in the barrelâ€￾ I find it hard to believe that these guys could get what they want when UA is looking to reduce retiree benefits. Is Oran worried he will have to drive a Camry instead of a Caddy? I don't feel sorry for any of them.

What nerve! I think Goodwin should return the $5 million he was given by the old BOD to leave for his incompetency in running the airline and UA should sue Stephen Wolf for the return of at least half of the $50 million that was paid to him in the event the UA/USAirways deal did not go through. I hope the Bankruptcy judge emphatically denies their request!!! :down: