Gordon Lands At Aloha

featheroleather

Advanced
Aug 9, 2004
Aloha Air's new chair: Gordon Bethune

Wednesday August 30, 11:38 pm ET

Former Continental Airlines CEO Gordon Bethune has been named chairman of the board of Aloha Airgroup Inc., parent company of Aloha Airlines Inc.

"I've had the wonderful pleasure of knowing Gordon for many years," said Aloha CEO David Banmiller. "He is a dynamic industry leader with a proven track record of driving up customer, employee and company value."

"I have the utmost respect for Dave Banmiller and his senior management team in guiding Aloha during these challenging times for our industry," Bethune said. "I am honored to serve as chairman working with Dave and the 3,500 Aloha team members in our next phase of development."

Bethune ran Continental, then the fifth largest U.S. airline, from 1994 to 2004. Continental and American Airlines were the only two of the big five legacy carriers to avoid bankruptcy in the post-9/11 airline environment.

"We are fortunate to have a professional of Gordon's caliber, vision and experience join Aloha's board," said Ron Burkle, managing partner of The Yucaipa Companies, the majority owner of privately-held Aloha.

Bethune is a licensed commercial pilot, type-rated on Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft as well as the DC-3. Bethune also is licensed as an airframe and power plant mechanic. He serves on the boards of directors of Honeywell International Corporation, Sprint Nextel, Prudential Financial and the Willis Group.

Published August 30, 2006 by Pacific Business News

Good for Gordon. Maybe he can really get Aloha headed in the right direction. He is my 2nd favorite head of an airline after Kelleher at SWA. MESA has got to be saying a lot of foul words after hearing this. This proves to me that Aloha means business. just my thoughts......