Great Press For Glasgow Service

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
Since we were touting the Glasgow service to tie in with golf, I guess someone forgot to check when the golfers were flying us so we could take care of them. Guess this publicity is what we probably deserve since its common to the rest of the operation nowdays. :down:
Or is the company going to say its their fault because they're just spoiled?

Chris DiMarco and John Daly have had a "bad trip" with US Airways. DiMarco's clothes didn't arrive with him so he bought a shirt and played in the rain pants he wore on the flight, while Daly needed physical therapy to counter the effects of what he called "the worst first-class flight I've ever had."

DiMarco's flight Monday from Philadelphia to Glasgow was cancelled six hours after its scheduled departure because someone allegedly stuffed a blanket in a toilet. His flight Tuesday left five hours late because of electrical problems, so DiMarco didn't reach Troon until 6:15 on Wednesday night.

Daly, meanwhile, practiced little because of a back problem incurred while sleeping on his flight to Glasgow. "I felt like I was sitting in coach," he said.

Full Story

tadjr said:
Daly needed physical therapy to counter the effects of what he called "the worst first-class flight I've ever had."
Must have been out of Jack Daniels in the liquor kits.

Must have been out of Jack Daniels in the liquor kits.

I was thinking the same thing. It must be a very difficult life, being a professional golfer. All that hard work and concentration to play a sport where all you have to do is hit a little white ball toward a hole in the ground. :p

Hey! All you pro golfers out there! Golf is a recreation! It isn't as body-damaging as football or as dangerous as boxing, so when you complain about how miserable your flight was, consider that the pain is only temporary and you probably won't need to see a physical therapist or a neurosurgeon because of it.

Special note to John Daly: Your career was much better when you were an alcoholic, so have a drink and lighten up.

Maybe Daly's back problems have more to do with that thing hanging off the front of his abdomen than the seats.

Daly didn't make the cut. Now he has a convenient excuse for his performance. At least he didn't drop out in this major, as he has done in other(s).

Back