Ground Handling News?

From what I've heard, 5 companies applied for the work in PVD. I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that ATS (current all NW in PVD), Aramark (current DL below wing & curbside at PVD), Worldwide, and 2 others; Globe something and G2 something or other.

At PVD, DL has 3 gates and NW has 1 - I'm assuming that all NW functions will simply consolidate into DL's larger ticket counter, bag room, ops space, gates, etc.

From what I've heard, 5 companies applied for the work in PVD. I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that ATS (current all NW in PVD), Aramark (current DL below wing & curbside at PVD), Worldwide, and 2 others; Globe something and G2 something or other.

At PVD, DL has 3 gates and NW has 1 - I'm assuming that all NW functions will simply consolidate into DL's larger ticket counter, bag room, ops space, gates, etc.

That's not too bad...TYS has over 12 bidders!!! :eek:

Apparently, MDT goes to OH effective march 1st...

According to the memo dated Tuesday, DL is supposed to announce OKC, DAY and one other city within 48 hrs - so by Thursday, three more stations will be announced...who wants to guess OH will pick 'em up?
ugh.... Our station is still patiently waiting, with the "word" supposed to be by next week..we'll see. Anymore cities anyone else is aware of that hasn't been posted thus far?

OKC, LIT and DAY cities were supposed to have been announced today for below-wing ops..has anyone heard anything on who was awarded these station bids? Who are the next cities coming down the pike??

So the 4th of Feb was the official date for Contract News, has any body heard anything yet on what stations have been awarded DL Ramp Contracts????

So the 4th of Feb was the official date for Contract News, has any body heard anything yet on what stations have been awarded DL Ramp Contracts????
Goodness, I was going to post the same question on here...we have heard absolutely NOTHING! one way or the other. I asked another guy whose airline bid on the ramp work as well and he hasn't heard anything yet, either!!
What gives? Can't they tell they are stressing us as it is? Now we have to wait until who knows how long before we get an answer! We were told the intergration will be 4 May. That being said, a "90 day notice" will be given out to the stations indicating who would be awarded the ground contracts. Well, the day was yesterday and we were ALL waiting for an announcement..yesterday came and went..nothing, absolutely nothing, announced.
Errrr!! :down:

Not for nothing, but we at mainline haven't heard any news, either... So much for the "open communication" we keep hearing so much about. :down:
Ok, here is an update on a few cities:

The following stations were NOT awarded to 9e for ground handling ops:
-OKC
-LIT
-DAY
-LEX
-JAN

Should be more following...don't know who won these stations but it was announced Pinnacle did NOT receive these stations to work as part of the "new Delta connection" :down:
I truly believe Pinnacle was a non-player the whole time, just being used as a pawn to get the bids lower..imo.

If 9E did not get awarded the Ramp, How was doing it prior to the BID? and who is doing it NOW??

Also can Anyone update on HOW ComAir has being doing as far a Loosin or Keeping Contracts?

If 9E did not get awarded the Ramp, How was doing it prior to the BID? and who is doing it NOW??

Also can Anyone update on HOW ComAir has being doing as far a Loosin or Keeping Contracts?

9E was doing both above and below wing operations in LIT.

No idea who'll take over the ramp, but it'll be DL mainline upstairs...

Not for nothing, but we at mainline haven't heard any news, either... So much for the "open communication" we keep hearing so much about. :down:

Mums the word here (and no moving activity) since they announced that XJ and OH would both be sharing Comairs space. Someone must have figured out that what looked good on paper wouldnt work in the real world.
Just curious- is this combining of working areas while still operating as 2 separate entities common practice systemwide for this merger? I hate to think bad thoughts about people... but if you are sharing a common space, waiting to see which company gets the bid...wouldnt people have easy access to make the other company look bad? Kind of like a really bad Survivor series...

Mums the word here (and no moving activity) since they announced that XJ and OH would both be sharing Comairs space. Someone must have figured out that what looked good on paper wouldnt work in the real world.
Just curious- is this combining of working areas while still operating as 2 separate entities common practice systemwide for this merger? I hate to think bad thoughts about people... but if you are sharing a common space, waiting to see which company gets the bid...wouldnt people have easy access to make the other company look bad? Kind of like a really bad Survivor series...
We were told that here in BOS there would have to be separate work areas at first.

PRIOR to the bid, 9E was doing well..they were just signed on by mainline NWA for a 10 YEAR CONTRACT! That was not too long ago.

Looks like Comair will be having a clean sweep. At my count, DL has the six just mentioned stations (and a few more) and 9E just has the two brand-new opening stations in Tx. We at our station have our resumes and online apps ready to turn in...to what looks like to be Comair. :down:

Back