Guest Pass Validity

Squonk

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
I just searched the Hub to find the validity dates on guest passes. Buddy passses use to expire at the end of January from the previous year. I think we still have the "Use Them Or Lose Them" policy. Are Guest Passes valid for one year from date of issue now? What can I do to preserve the few that I have left in my bank?

:unsure:

Thanks...

Unless it's changed, guest passes in your bank expire at the end of the year although last year they extended that to the end of January (problems with the ETC as best as I remember).

Once issued, they're valid for one year from date of issuance. So you could have a guest pass issued at the end of this year and it would be valid till the end of next year.

Jim

Unless it's changed, guest passes in your bank expire at the end of the year although last year they extended that to the end of January (problems with the ETC as best as I remember).

Once issued, they're valid for one year from date of issuance. So you could have a guest pass issued at the end of this year and it would be valid till the end of next year.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Buddy pass travel once had to be completed by the end of January of the following year. I do believe you are right about the one year validity after issuance. Have a couple of non-dependent dependents that want to buy the few that I have left.

Thanks Jim. Buddy pass travel once had to be completed by the end of January of the following year. I do believe you are right about the one year validity after issuance. Have a couple of non-dependent dependents that want to buy the few that I have left.

I wouldn't say if I was selling the passes online...US Airways might track you down and suspend your benefits unless you MEANT them paying for the passes.

I wouldn't say if I was selling the passes online...US Airways might track you down and suspend your benefits unless you MEANT them paying for the passes.

Read the post again, I never said "I" was selling them. I said, "Have a couple of non-dependent dependents that want to buy the few that I have left." In simple terms, I have children no longer on my pass that want to purchase (buy) the remaining 2007 guest passes I have left before they expire.

:angry:

Read the post again, I never said "I" was selling them. I said, "Have a couple of non-dependent dependents that want to buy the few that I have left." In simple terms, I have children no longer on my pass that want to purchase (buy) the remaining 2007 guest passes I have left before they expire.

Go ahead and buy them. They can always be refunded within a year from purchase, and they can also be reissued to a different itinerary for the same person.

Sheesh...I was half-joking...calm down :p

i dont think they are refundabel. we had a couplke of people in my station that wanted to get their refunds back from the purchase nonref buddy passes and they were told at firs wait a year then told no by the company. i dont know if the policy has changed but may be someone canhelp out with the answer

i dont think they are refundabel. we had a couplke of people in my station that wanted to get their refunds back from the purchase nonref buddy passes and they were told at firs wait a year then told no by the company. i dont know if the policy has changed but may be someone canhelp out with the answer
They are refundable minus a 10.00 processing fee. Contact Pas Bureau or rez and they can send the request to revenue accounting takes 1-2 billing cycles after revenue processes it.

They are refundable minus a 10.00 processing fee. Contact Pas Bureau or rez and they can send the request to revenue accounting takes 1-2 billing cycles after revenue processes it.

Do you know if you can get a refund based on zone changes say You paid $80 for Zone 6-1 but then traveled zone 6-5 which should be $60 atleast?

You dont get the $20 back do you?

PhxMama, you're right they are refundable minus a $10 processing fee. Just make sure you apply for the refund before they expire, they expire one year from the date of issue. If it's an electronic record, request the refund in QIK don't bother with REZ or the Pass Bureau. If they're paper or have been printed to paper co-mail them directly to revenue accounting, skip the middle man.

If they're paper or have been printed to paper co-mail them directly to revenue accounting, skip the middle man.
There's a refund form for unused paper passes on the Hub (and I assume Compass). It's got the co-mail and regular mail address for revenue accounting on it as well as the phone number to call for e-ticket pass refunds.

Jim