Here's A Competitve Issue

etops1 said:
if i am not mistaken the article says that sw f/a start at 14,000 and a median income of 26,000. i would like to know what there topout is. i find it very hard to beleive that sw f/a make more than u f/a's . i have been here 8 yrs and my last paystub for 2003 said that my year to date earnings was 42,710.92. now i think that's pretty good for being here 8 yrs and not at top out . and that is very good for just working about 15-16 days a month asking people if they want an inflight cafe meal and a drink with that. i mean i do not want to insult the f/a proffession, but it is a very very easy job and we get paid very well for it. my pay stub proves that. so that thing that sw gets paid more than u is very hard to beleive
A flight attendant who reached the top of our payscale under our current contract makes $41.26 at step 17. with a $2 override for "A" or senior position and a flat $5 override for all flights that push with over 122 passengers. We earn $2 per hour per diem. The average lineholder schedule pays around 90 to 100 hours. Reserve guarantee is 93.5 hours with per diem paid only for trips flown or time spent sitting airport standby. Below is our current payscale.

14.67 First Six Months
14.90 Second Six Months
17.34 Year 2
18.42 Year 3
20.40 Year 4
21.48 Year 5
22.56 Year 6
24.12 Year 7
25.60 Year 8
27.41 Year 9
29.30 Year 10
31.27 Year 11
36.06 Year 12
37.03 Year 13
37.93 Year 14
38.88 Year 15
40.15 Year 16
41.26 Year 17

Can everyone keep up with whatis going on in this Post!? We have a couple of diatribes going on here and the only thing in common is PITBULL. :lol: Way to go Pitbull. I think it is time for Etops 1 and itrade to go at it. What fun. :lol:

no over flying here and blocks went to 98 seniority for dom spanish lodo's in phl for march. remember we have sju,sjo,sdq and puj. we have i day trips on the a330,757,and 320/319. layovers in sju,bos,lga,pit,clt,and some puj. so that creates a lot of time. we have 25 lines for march with 31 active lodo's.

Light Years said:
ITRADE

You must really hate the employees of US Airways. Oh, if only you could have an airline without the workers!

If you're going to be so nasty all the time at least try to be witty and funny while doing it.

:rolleyes:
I very much appreciate the employees and like what they do.

BUT, if you're going to sit around, #### and moan about how lousy your job is, why not do yourself a big, fat favor and pick up those want ads and get another job or go back to school.

Lousy attitudes wreak havic on co-workers.

USA320Pilot Posted: Jan 25 2004, 09:19 PM
Southwest's F/A's clean the cabin throughout the day, which I have done myself. It's no big deal.

Walking to the back and scrounging around for a newspaper does not count as cleaning an aircraft.

United's flight crews get paid hard time only with no "duty rigs".

Where do you get this stuff from? Up your b........ (never mind). United flight crews DO have duty rigs and only get paid "hard time" if it goes over the regular daily duty rig negotiated amount.

Seeing that your comments sound like someone who is munching on a bag of chips, perhaps you should try to throw some facts into the dip once in awhile. ;)

PITbull said:
How does anyone know if that is a U stub you are citing and a f/a stub to boot.

I am topped out f/a in my 23 year and fly 105 option, I made just a little more than you, and my stub is Senior pay domestic ALL YEAR.

You are not a f/a. You are in a different dept.
You may fly the option, but you sure as hell don't fly.

You're on the boards more than Chip and PineyBob put together.

Hi PitBull,

I think I've figured out etops pay quandry - all those 1 day trips means perdiem is treated as taxable income and included in gross pay. Hope this helps.

Jim

PITbull said:
How does anyone know if that is a U stub you are citing and a f/a stub to boot.

I am topped out f/a in my 23 year and fly 105 option, I made just a little more than you, and my stub is Senior pay domestic ALL YEAR.

You are not a f/a. You are in a different dept.
listen pitt you are really begining tp piss me off here. i am f/a for u and if its my name and employee # you want for me to post its not gonna happen. what ever dept you think that i am in. well you could think what ever you want sweety. but ihave bennflying for 8 yrs i make 8 yrs in march. so DELETED BY MODERATOR if you think i am not a f/a. i am not trying to brag about what i made. i am just saying that this job is not a bad job at all.

BoeingBoy said:
Hi PitBull,

I think I've figured out etops pay quandry - all those 1 day trips means perdiem is treated as taxable income and included in gross pay. Hope this helps.

Jim
jim that may be it . like i said i am not bragging about what i made i am just stating the facts. you are probrably right about that because i did fly alot of i day trips. ;)

etops1 cursing in spanish will earn you a time out.

and don't try it in Dutch, French, Hebrew, Latin, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Arabic cuz we'll nail ya. We're airline people, we speak lots of languages! :lol:

SWAFA30 said:
A flight attendant who reached the top of our payscale under our current contract makes $41.26 at step 17. with a $2 override for "A" or senior position and a flat $5 override for all flights that push with over 122 passengers. We earn $2 per hour per diem. The average lineholder schedule pays around 90 to 100 hours. Reserve guarantee is 93.5 hours with per diem paid only for trips flown or time spent sitting airport standby. Below is our current payscale.

14.67 First Six Months
14.90 Second Six Months
17.34 Year 2
18.42 Year 3
20.40 Year 4
21.48 Year 5
22.56 Year 6
24.12 Year 7
25.60 Year 8
27.41 Year 9
29.30 Year 10
31.27 Year 11
36.06 Year 12
37.03 Year 13
37.93 Year 14
38.88 Year 15
40.15 Year 16
41.26 Year 17
swa thanks for clearing that up.

SW overides yield them $47.77. USAirways f/as do not get higher wages for pax loads above 122. That would be just about every leg. SW does not serve meals. They clean stations, we clean stations. They are at FAA min. so are USA f/a. Their regular rate of pay is $41.26, and USA as of 1/1/04 is $41.05 top out.

Again, we do not have a $5 over ride for flying more pax.

There duty day average 10.5; USA f/as 13. Granted, some of that is sitting time at airports. SW meal expense is $2 per hour; USA $1.90.

Back