Hiring Spree Brings New Blood to American Airlines

Rogallo said:
That would be great. A few young cuties might be nice to look at once again!
You need to get up in the terminal more often. They're all over the place now. :)

WeAAsles said:
You need to get up in the terminal more often. They're all over the place now. :)

Not where I'm at. I'm at a senior station and it shows.  :)

I'm reminded of my favorite Ale! 

Attachments

• Poster_SkyHag.jpg
    Poster_SkyHag.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 187
Roadking5560 said:
We've got a few old timers here that WANT to go out in body bags.  I think it's a competitive thing.
It beats playing Quick draw half the day and driving your wife to garage sales

No "hiring spree" in maintenance. It`s just the same grumpy ol` faces everyday!

Roadking5560 said:
The way this new regime is working on outsourcing there will be an AMT "firing spree" first.

And until it gets to the certain few "NO-ONE" really cares. You know the IGM, I am safe attitude that the TWU teaches.

jimntx said:
Hey, I'm already off reserve for over a year--At DFW!  When I started 15 years ago today (remember I was furloughed for 1.5 years after 9/11) and got DFW right out of training, there were DFW f/as with almost 25 years still serving reserve 3 months/year because DFW was such a senior base.  The class that graduated 2 weeks ahead of me in Aug. 2000 was the first class since 1992 to put new hires at DFW.

Oh, and forgot to mention, I'm holding my 6th choice line of flying this month.  The 1st through 5th lines I bid simply because of the number of hours of paid trip removal involved because I have 5 days of vacation this month.  And, the line I'm holding I get almost 40 hours of paid trip removal.   So, I'm not sure how much better it could get. 

From one old GEEZER to another, (YES, I'm the Older Geezer), retirement is NOT, all it's cracked up to be !
I realize that I don't know you're personal situation, BUT, if good fortune starts changing your getting your # 6 bid, to (say) your # 3 bid, Plus you don't mind working weekends, or that damm S-80, AND your working F/C only(maybe helping out in 2-3 rows in Y, I'm suggesting you MAY think twice about bidding AA adios  !

I know it depends on your situation and working conditions, but I can say here in MIA maintenance there have been quite a few people who have left with the early out and in discussions with them they are quite happy in retirement.  It's what you make of it and if you properly planned for it.  Stay busy!

Latest posts

Back