History

TED is UAL, it operates off of UAL's operating certificate and is staffed with UAL employees, it is just branded differant.

TED is UAL, it operates off of UAL's operating certificate and is staffed with UAL employees, it is just branded differant.

there goes your ignorance and desire to sound like you knoe everything...
Ted is not in the Star Alliance.. there fore they do not have to abide by it. Ted was a way UAL's parent could cut cost with out having to worry about contractual obligations to UA. Look at american and eagle, they are owned by the same parent but for all intents and purposes they are a single carrier. the pay scales and all are different.. but they do get around some of american's contractual language by having eagle seperate ( this is all general speaking of course)

Ted is not in the Star Alliance..

Ted is UA and UA is in the *A. Ted operates *A codeshare flights.

From Ted's Website

http://www.flyted.com/meetted/alliances.html

For a new kid on the block, Ted's got some serious connections. Being part of United means Ted is also part of the Star Alliance, a global partnership with access to over 700 cities in 124 countries. That means that the Mileage Plus miles you earn flying Ted can take you to Australia or Zurich, and lots of other great places in the alphabet. What's more, if you happen to be a Star Alliance Gold or Silver member, you can expect the same perks on Ted that you'd get on United. Stick with Ted. We'll get you there

I will be awaiting your apology.

thanks US1YFARE.

Apology/smapology according to staralliance.com, they only list UAL , the flyted is a UA site that says it gives credit for their flights etc.. If you flyted, then you get credit for ua's stake in star, that would be like saying when you fly mesa you get star points because they code share...

try again

that would be like saying when you fly mesa you get star points because they code share...

well, not really, because a UA F/A will walk off a UA mainline flight and step on a TED flight as a F/A on the same day/same trip. Whether it says TED or United makes no difference They are not totally separate. A USX FA cannot do that. A Mesa FA cannot do that. What you do see on TED is no FC, soda in a cup in and not in the can, and higher A/C utilization.

well, not really, because a UA F/A will walk off a UA mainline flight and step on a TED flight as a F/A on the same day/same trip. Whether it says TED or United makes no difference They are not totally separate. A USX FA cannot do that. A Mesa FA cannot do that. What you do see on TED is no FC, soda in a cup in and not in the can, and higher A/C utilization.

but as far as getting credit in Star, it can be mesa ted who ever has a united flight #, but if TED was a seperate single airline, would they be in Star???

but if TED was a seperate single airline, would they be in Star???

i don't know the answer to that question. they are not a separate airline. But, your question, then goes back to the original question: Is there a *A requirement that FC be on its members' planes?

i don't know the answer to that question. they are not a separate airline. But, your question, then goes back to the original question: Is there a *A requirement that FC be on its members' planes?

from staralliance.com

"Access to 795 airports in 139 countries
Access to 620 lounges
The possibility of earning and redeeming frequent flyers miles or points on any member airline
World-wide recognition of status
Priority reservation, standby and boarding for Star Alliance Gold members
Priority baggage handling for Star Alliance Gold members, First and Business Class travellers *
The most flexible round the world fares
* Some restrictions apply"

It does'nt state here that all aircraft must have FC, I think with the codeshares and express flights it would be hard to enforce it, so the answer is No

I was told no it is not a requirement of *A. The *A Board of Directors is fully aware of service standards the *A airlines offer. All the airlines of the *A under go audits. Maybe to get a more accurate answer e-mail your question directly to *A @ [email protected]

Flyted.com
Operated by United Airlines serving North America.

Duhhh we all know who owns and operates tED.......
But according to Star they recognize United, If some of their flights are on ted, they don'nt really care. United is giving the Star benefits of course there website says this, but Star does not specifically spell out TED as a Member

Keep trying...

TED is part of UAL, it operates off of UAL's Operating Certificate, it uses UAL' A320 aircraft, and uses UAL's regular employees, there is no seperate company called TED, it is a marketing plan.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

TED is part of UAL, it operates off of UAL's Operating Certificate, it uses UAL' A320 aircraft, and uses UAL's regular employees, there is no seperate company called TED, it is a marketing plan.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Are you really that stoopid... I said we all know who owns and operates TED...
Now what does that have to do with the thread, There is no requirement that star members have FC!!!!

By the way, where is our anwer about the transition talks you say have been held, or are you bluffing about that?????

Back