How Are Things In Philadelphia

Just as unseemly as some WN posters on the US board p+$$ing their pants with glee over the total demise of US.

If "those" WN posters have a handle that starts with "Wnr", odds are good that they don't represent the vast majority or WN employees.

And the US posters who are "bad" represent all of us at US, correct?

:down: Or does that only apply one way?

I know that the WN employees I work with have no more control over what their company does as I do. Too bad some people cant seem to remember this.

We have an interesting "situation" brewing where 1 agent didnt help a WN agent and now its ALL the US people wouldnt help the WN agent. Truth is, the 1 agent who wouldnt "help" the WN agent doesnt even help the US people they deal with, but now its all about WN vs US because of PHL. Get over it. Most of the people I work with dont have a clue or care what US is doing let alone what the WN people are doing... :shock:

tadjr said:
And the US posters who are "bad" represent all of us at US, correct?

:down: Or does that only apply one way?
Nope - but I've looked at this and other boards concerning USAirways, and the only one I see expressing any "glee" is the poster I referred to. But it doesn't really matter - I'm pretty much considered "bad" on this board and the US board.

insp89 said:
KC, Near as I can tell, you were wrong...LMAO :rolleyes:
Didn't say that about today. The question was asked about the first day operations. And most flights appeared to be running a bit early. I was in meetings most of the day...did Philly have bad weather? If it impacted SWA, did it not impact US?

Regarding the topic, Herb stated, at the Shareholders meeting today, that on Sunday, May 16th, the "one week anniversary of service" there was not a single open seat on any originating flight from PHL.

Fun tidbit, probably not hard to do on a Sunday, but fun.

What did your ACARS show for those flights? Ooops, I forgot, you don't have ACARS. Hum!! SWA would NEVER cheat and/or exaggerate their stats. ;)

What did your ACARS show for those flights? Ooops, I forgot, you don't have ACARS. Hum!! SWA would NEVER cheat and/or exaggerate their stats.

And there's NO WAY to fool ACARS, is there? Hum!! :rolleyes:

P.S. Half the fleet is now ACARS-equipped, genius. Soon all the planes will have it.

firstamendment said:
What did your ACARS show for those flights? Ooops, I forgot, you don't have ACARS. Hum!! SWA would NEVER cheat and/or exaggerate their stats. ;)
I have a better indicator of delays than even ACARS...it's called the "customer". According to the FAA's Air Consumer website, "flight problems" is defined as:

Cancellations, delays, or any other deviations from schedule, whether planned or unplanned.

Out of 74,788,501 enplanements that Southwest had last year, there were 17 complaints regarding "flight problems". This lack of complaints leads me to believe one of two things;

1. The travelling public is very accomodating when it comes to pencil whipping LUV pilots, or

2. The pilots didn't pencil whip very well.

Yeah...I know, Southwest has the fewest complaints because everybody has lowered expectations, but you know something, even us LUV passengers expect to depart and arrive fairly close to the scheduled times.

Gee I wish I could agree with you, but the difference between 4 minutes late out or 6 minutes late out or 14 minutes late in or 16 minutes late in is huge at the and on the day. Having flown for a commuter years ago, it is easy to fudge a minute or two here or there. ACARS does level the playing field.

oldbscaler said:
Gee I wish I could agree with you, but the difference between 4 minutes late out or 6 minutes late out or 14 minutes late in or 16 minutes late in is huge at the and on the day. Having flown for a commuter years ago, it is easy to fudge a minute or two here or there. ACARS does level the playing field.
And given the "typical" SWA aircraft duty day, you would think that more than 17 people would have complained to the government about their delays...especially if they are incredibly late getting home on the last flight of the day....no?

Heard a rumor that no local people were hired for the SWA operation. guess they don't want that "philly factor" element in there. probably a good move. :up:

im not a dallas cowboy fan by any means, but philly has shown they can be brutal to any opponent!.......yikes, bet i get pelted for that remark :p

skyflyr69 said:
Heard a rumor that no local people were hired for the SWA operation. guess they don't want that "philly factor" element in there. probably a good move. :up:
Actually, from what I've heard, that rumor is true -- but only because they opened up the positions in Philadelphia to internal transfers first. And part of the reason for that is the company being overstaffed due to post-9/11 hiring to deal with some of the security requirements that were placed on the airlines at the time. But it also seems like good, employee-friendly policy to offer those employees who would be interested in moving to Philly to work at the new station the opportunity to do so before opening things up to outsiders.

Southwest schedules their aircraft very tightly. At some point, continued operational delays would have an impact on reported delays, with or without alleged pencil-whipping. And as far as the Air Travel Consumer Report goes, only the arrivals matter in the rankings for timeliness (though departure delays are also tabulated).

Back