How can we stay out of BK?

Atabuy:

Here's a better suggestion. Why don't the pilots and management come up with the money to stave off a bankruptcy filing and leave the little players out of it? Pilots, why don't you finish purchasing this airline? Ridiculous you say, maybe not.

The real answer is that under pressure from Wall Street, the game plan is to totally wipe out any remnants of the ESOP and get the unions off the BOD. That has been the dance all along. With the unions off the BOD, the Company and the Court will run a lean, mean fighting machine, the likes of which American, Northwest, Delta and most of all, Continental have never competed against before. Continental is salivating at the mouth waiting to pick up some of United's routes. It is no secret in the industry that Bethune is so anxious that he is sitting on pins and needles and cannot keep his mouth shut about his plans for United's routes that he wants to pick up from United as it becomes a leaner airline.

Atabuy:

Here's a better suggestion. Why don't the pilots and management come up with the money to stave off a bankruptcy filing and leave the little players out of it? Pilots, why don't you finish purchasing this airline? Ridiculous you say, maybe not.

The real answer is that under pressure from Wall Street, the game plan is to totally wipe out any remnants of the ESOP and get the unions off the BOD. That has been the dance all along. With the unions off the BOD, the Company and the Court will run a lean, mean fighting machine, the likes of which American, Northwest, Delta and most of all, Continental have never competed against before. Continental is salivating at the mouth waiting to pick up some of United's routes. It is no secret in the industry that Bethune is so anxious that he is sitting on pins and needles and cannot keep his mouth shut about his plans for United's routes that he wants to pick up from United as it becomes a leaner airline.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/7/2002 9:22:58 AM novaqt wrote:

Atabuy:

----------------
[/blockquote]
novaqt,
There is no doubt that we would all be better off outside of BK. The problem is this:

1. Management has been irresponsible from 9/11 until now.
They don't want to upset the little empire they have. They have failed the company and will continue to do the same thing because of their own interests.
Most should be let go. They are a drain on our resources.

2. Unions have been ineffective on our behalf and miscalculated our survival. Too many conflicts of interest here.
When Ual becomes BK, the iam will be 2 for 2. At least consistant.

3. Employees don't trust management or the unions. Enough employees are bent on destroying the airline and any potential we had with stock ownership.
Seeing managements non response to our dire predicament has given everyone the impression that they were lying all along to get concessions.
A responsible management would have cut salaries as soon as 9/11 happened. These guys care for no one but themselves.

Pilots were taking higher cuts than the senior management people. They were losing seat positions which increased some losses by well over 30% and meanwhile top execs. were going to give up what? Less than 15%.
It's a real shame that a great airline with good possibilities has been taken down to the point of BK because of short sighted management and employees. Where was the brain of the CEO at the beginning of the ESOP when he endorsed paying $6.50 per hr to the front line employees having the first contact with our customers, while he was making $700,000??? That is not rocket science! Even though I always try to see the good in every situation, I have lost faith in this company and will be leaving as soon as possible. The company has failed on so many different levels, it is not about saving the company anymore. It is about saving myself now. Too bad it has come to this. I have lost enough money, put in enough time, and will still have to work somewhere else. Or maybe just work for myself. I do have many skills.
For the ones who are stuck here, My heart goes out to you. You will need all the luck you can get here.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/7/2002 9:22:58 AM novaqt wrote:

Atabuy:

----------------
[/blockquote]
novaqt,
There is no doubt that we would all be better off outside of BK. The problem is this:

1. Management has been irresponsible from 9/11 until now.
They don't want to upset the little empire they have. They have failed the company and will continue to do the same thing because of their own interests.
Most should be let go. They are a drain on our resources.

2. Unions have been ineffective on our behalf and miscalculated our survival. Too many conflicts of interest here.
When Ual becomes BK, the iam will be 2 for 2. At least consistant.

3. Employees don't trust management or the unions. Enough employees are bent on destroying the airline and any potential we had with stock ownership.
Seeing managements non response to our dire predicament has given everyone the impression that they were lying all along to get concessions.
A responsible management would have cut salaries as soon as 9/11 happened. These guys care for no one but themselves.

Pilots were taking higher cuts than the senior management people. They were losing seat positions which increased some losses by well over 30% and meanwhile top execs. were going to give up what? Less than 15%.
It's a real shame that a great airline with good possibilities has been taken down to the point of BK because of short sighted management and employees. Where was the brain of the CEO at the beginning of the ESOP when he endorsed paying $6.50 per hr to the front line employees having the first contact with our customers, while he was making $700,000??? That is not rocket science! Even though I always try to see the good in every situation, I have lost faith in this company and will be leaving as soon as possible. The company has failed on so many different levels, it is not about saving the company anymore. It is about saving myself now. Too bad it has come to this. I have lost enough money, put in enough time, and will still have to work somewhere else. Or maybe just work for myself. I do have many skills.
For the ones who are stuck here, My heart goes out to you. You will need all the luck you can get here.