How To Run A Winning Card Drive.

PDiddyQuill

Jan 22, 2004
It is obvious now that Local 12 is a part of Stewart's past, it falls into the same category as does his morals. If you truly desire another union @ AA simply follow the following rules of engagement.
  • Do not allow Dave Stewart to have his name recognized with your movement.
  • Convince Stewart to assist the opposition.
  • Hire Stewart to be the opposition's webmaster, he may start a forum to post unbiased information,and I know he'd never post a note sent in confidence. Confidence and Stewart in the same sentence? Scratch that.
  • More hotdog days, invite family members to fill the seats.
  • Hire Bob Owens to post lengthy posts on all items of interest. Wait a minute, we tried that.
  • Give El Gato Negro English lessons, once he translates correctly he'll run to the TWU for forgiveness.
Anyone want to finish the lease on a barely used anti-union hall....HAHAHAHAHA!

Ah boys, it's a good day in Mayberry! Thank God Stewart was counting the cards!

I do not want to see one more piece of paper with David Stewarts name on it. Period.

gentlemen, you dance and celebrate claiming a victory for the twu but rest assured this is NO VICTORY it will only alienate the line from overhaul even more so. the company must be loving this devision they see amongst our ranks...!

I am proud to have Dave as a fellow organizer and as a friend.
This personal attack on Dave will not help you gain any support. If we do not vote this time we can start tomorrow getting cards filled out for nest year, as I have stated "WE WILL VOTE!!!!!!! WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!
If not now then in a year or so!!!!
There will be no peace without a vote!!!!!

Decision 2004 said:
Too bad, I bet you read my name in the TUlsa World tomorrow! :lol:
Sorry Dave if I'm not impressed. You're a legend in your own mind.
loser.jpg

Radman said:
I am proud to have Dave as a fellow organizer and as a friend.
This personal attack on Dave will not help you gain any support. If we do not vote this time we can start tomorrow getting cards filled out for nest year, as I have stated "WE WILL VOTE!!!!!!! WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!
If not now then in a year or so!!!!
There will be no peace without a vote!!!!!
I agree 100%. Dave has more fight in him than any twu wannabe that I've ever come across. I do like the Hunt. It will be fun going out and getting cards again. It should be even easier than last time. Now that our goal has been established by the NMB, the hunt is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO VOTE, NO PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith...........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you amfa guys must feel just terrible with todays news. You guys at the "scabateria" last night (having your precious moment meeting) looked very dejected. Ask yourselves what got you to this point. The answer: EGO. You are a mechanic, nothing more. You are not a brain surgeon, engineer, etc. You think because you can RnR a floor board or rig an elevator cable, buck rivets or follow a work card that a group of engineers created for you, makes you something extra special. Right now an 18 year old high school graduate can have an A&P license by the time he/she is 20 years old and for about 6 or $7000. The probelm that individual has is finding a job in the field. There certainly must be a glut of experienced A&P mechanics out there looking for work right now. How many mechanics has United or NorthWest let go? What comes to my mind here is "supply and demand". Strike? Go ahead. Surley those mechanics that got sold out when amfa took over wouldn't cross the line, or would they? Who knows? Or the airline might outsource more of its maintainence. Anyways back to the EGO thing, its ok to be wrong guys, hard to admit it but it is ok. Show some humility. A divided membership does nothing but hold us back in OUR struggle to fight the oppression of corporate america. The company loves this. They dont care who the union is and as long as we are fighting amongst ourselves we will lose. Amfa guy, do you have 18 plus years of seniority here at American? Do really think you have enough time to bump a guy at a line station? Would you even want to? If you are driving down the road and you make a wrong turn, how far do you go before you turn around? Come back amfa guy..... please......come back......Oh and watch out for the amfa mouth-pieces, they probably have the time (seniority) and if they don't have the time then it might be safe to say they are deficient in other areas also. :D

Strake said:
You are a mechanic, nothing more. You are not a brain surgeon, engineer, etc. You think because you can RnR a floor board or rig an elevator cable, buck rivets or follow a work card that a group of engineers created for you, makes you something extra special. Right now an 18 year old high school graduate can have an A&P license by the time he/she is 20 years old and for about 6 or $7000.
How many mechanics has United or NorthWest let go? What comes to my mind here is "supply and demand".
Strike? Go ahead. Surley those mechanics that got sold out when amfa took over wouldn't cross the line, or would they? Who knows?
A divided membership does nothing but hold us back in OUR struggle to fight the oppression of corporate america. The company loves this.
They dont care who the union is and as long as we are fighting amongst ourselves we will lose. Amfa guy, do you have 18 plus years of seniority here at American? Do really think you have enough time to bump a guy at a line station?
This is exactly the twu's problem. The attitude that you are not worth anything. Hell why don't we all just go to work for minimum wage then they will never get rid of us because our labor costs will be cheaper than anyone else's. You need to grow a set and stand up for your profession.
You say "strike". You are correct the majority of the people that support the twu would cross the line! This is because you (the twu and aa) have used fear to control the membership for so long that most of what you have out there are cowards. They wont stand behind the union no matter who it is.
Last of all, the membership will be divided on this issue (AMFA twu) until there is a vote.
NO VOTE NO PEACE!!!!!

A divided membership does nothing but hold us back in OUR struggle to fight the oppression of corporate america. The company loves this.

Dennis,

You are correct about the divided membership. The TWU has divided the membership when they implemented the two tier wage scale and yes the company is loving it and as long as the TWU holds power, they will take advantage of it.

The twu doesn't hold power now. The line and the overhaul supporters will be showing AA who holds power when we get an election. Twu is not only lying to you they have lied to there own supporters and it will be proven to all soon.

I believe the AMFA organizers are the ones that divide the floor, not the TWU, not the B-scale issue, or the concessions we voted on. Ego was an excellent observation. I do also believe there exists a few AMFA supporters and organizers that are dedicated to their belief and not just the notoriety,as displayed by Dave Stewart.

And if another card drive is to be, so be it. Pray for more concessions and more times of trial to assist your drive. AMFA's history grows, TEAMTWU will use that history to educate.

BTW, how is Dan Cunningham doing? Shame.

The AMFA card count parallels the concessions vote last year which is approx.
[51% TWU 49% AMFA] These numbers are not going away anytime soon If I were the TWU these divisions are not something to be proud of.

ALL AMFA supporters need to vote in the TWU election and VOTE OUT EVERY CURRENT OFFICER! This is presently our only way to voice a protest against what TWU has done to its membership.

Buck said:
Dennis,

You are correct about the divided membership. The TWU has divided the membership when they implemented the two tier wage scale and yes the company is loving it and as long as the TWU holds power, they will take advantage of it.
Hey Buck, I truly question your support of the OSM/AMT at AA and this is why...
It is because of the division that you promote with your support of the AMFA which is the industry leader for outsourcing of mechanics jobs.

You see Buck you stand on one side of the line in the sand wearing your AMFA shirt displaying to the company that you don't want your job. You don't want the OSM/AMT to have work brought back in house so they can have more opportunities to advance either...! You are not their savior..! You represent the end to their employment opportunities...!!!!

I stand on the other side of that line in the sand wearing my TWU shirt displaying to the company that I support the TWU/AFLCIO. Which is in a continued fight to bring more work back to our members which will generate more advancement opportunities for the OSM/AMT.

It is called creating "MECHANICS JOBS", and you sir just don't get it... do you...??????

----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!