Hyperlink Info

scot

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Since this BB does not do html in linking to another page, please take note of the correct way to hyperlink a page. You guys are killing me on the editing! Thanks.
STRONG].  You then need to type the link or paste the link in the field provided. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PLACE HTML IN THE POST.[BR][BR][BR][BR]

What a dumb feature. I really do not like this new board at all. Sorry Kyle. I have made over 10,000 posts on other Aviation related infopop UBB's, so do have a vague idea of what is user friendly, and frankly this one is not. And the Blue smileys are simply silly, and usual UBB code does not work for them.

www.1Kflyers.com works everywhere else and does not require all the other nonsense added just to get it to hot link as:

THIS complicated coding mess

You do realise of course that the long Yahoo press report URL's wil; NEVER link using this antiquated method?

plane.gif
globe.gif

Ditto ozstamps. I spent over 15 minutes trying to get a stupid hyperlink to work. Finally gave up and edited the thread to have people cut and paste.

[BR][BR]Hi Guys, [BR][BR]To hyperlink, you simply have to have the RICH TEXT feature enabled. (Click on it after you hit reply) When you wish to post a hyperlink, you need to click on the symbol with a green earth and a chain link. You then need to type the link or paste the link in the field provided. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PLACE HTML IN THE POST.[BR][BR]UBB software can not handle our traffic. We have tried to explain this very clearly, and we realize that people don't like change - but we didn't have a choice. As far as the blue people feature being silly, not sure what the problem is. People seem to come here for the discussion, not the smiley faces.[BR][BR]Finally, the moderators and administrators will bend over backwards to answer your questions and to help ease the transition....but you need to email us your questions.[BR] [BR][BR][A href=http://www.usaviation.com/]http://www.USaviation.com[/A][BR][A href=mailto:[email protected]]mailto:[email protected][/A]