I find this veeeerrrrryyyy ironic.....................

Chipmunk

Aug 10, 2007
So, I was just perusing the ALPA Master Scab List that was posted in another thread and reviewing the AWA Ansett "Export" Operation.....................

I came across an individual from AWA............now is that the same person that is the current Strike Preparedness Committee Chair for AWA?

How in the H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks does that happen?

Wouldn't it be funny if the SPC Chairman was the first person to cross a picket line in the event of a Strike?

Any Westies care to shed some light on the subject? Were you guys even aware that this was the case?

:ph34r:

Chip,

There was no picket line in Australia. There was no strike. The pilots withdrew their services and quit. Not the same as a strike.

And if we are going to go down this road don't forget the United Airlines ALPA MEC authorized their pilots to fly in Australia. They will deny it to they day they die but they flew in Australia against the labor movement such as it was. They will cite any number of things to justify their position but they crossed the line just as you accuse some at AWA of doing. Only difference being that AWA was not unionized at the time and United ALPA pilots had a strong union and a strong position of supporting labor except when it was to their economic benefit not to as was the case in Australia. Lots of money to be made there then so it was okay to tell Aussie labor to f*** off and that is exactly what ALPA and United ALPA pilots did.

ALPA and ALPA United pilots at the time created the avenue to torpedo a fledgling pilot union down there. In any further posts you make please do not forget to reference that United Airlines ALPA pilots helped destroy Australian airline pilots lives and careers. OK?

Thanks!

So, I was just perusing the ALPA Master Scab List that was posted in another thread and reviewing the AWA Ansett "Export" Operation.....................
I came across an individual from AWA............now is that the same person that is the current Strike Preparedness Committee Chair for AWA?
Wouldn't it be funny if the SPC Chairman was the first person to cross a picket line in the event of a Strike?
Any Westies care to shed some light on the subject? Were you guys even aware that this was the case?

Chipmunk,

I will posts links that I think you will find helpful in your pursuit of information.
it's not about your run of the mill, garden variety domestic scabs, but of elite, highly paid international scabs.

Chip,

There was no picket line in Australia. There was no strike. The pilots withdrew their services and quit. Not the same as a strike.
I don't believe it - someone finally got the facts straight on the Australia ruckus as well as UA's part in it......thanks, Bob.

Jim

CM,

Bob did an excellent job of explaining this. There are some who believe that the whole ansett thing constituted a picket line crossing but it didn't. The person you are refering to is a long time dues paying member in good standing.

Do all you guys go on strike and refuse to fly into areas when others go on strike? What about Northwest mechanics? Did you go on strike in support? Do you consider yourself a scab? I didn't think so.

CM,

Bob did an excellent job of explaining this. There are some who believe that the whole ansett thing constituted a picket line crossing but it didn't. The person you are refering to is a long time dues paying member in good standing.

America West Airlines got involved in a labor dispute in Australia for profit and pay back for investments Ansett made an aircraft provided. A rose by any other name smells the same. If you would like me to post other links to articles that would substantiate my remarks, I will gladly supply them.

America West and United pilots worked to break a labor movement in Australia, fact.

Do all you guys go on strike and refuse to fly into areas when others go on strike? What about Northwest mechanics? Did you go on strike in support? Do you consider yourself a scab? I didn't think so.
I think mechanics are professionals, but they had lav workers and overpaid airplane cleaners in their union that wanted 80,000 a year intertwined with their unions.

CM,

LMAO......"and Brutus is an Honorable man...as are these all...Honorable men!!". The Bard's version of Antony's speech to the crowd at recently murdered Caesar's funeral :lol:

Seems a bit of a pickle to pick up in making any attempt at defending the willingess of AWA/UAL sorts that stole work from "Brother Pilots" down under..but it's typical that you would give such a sorry, and fully shamefull act some pretense of acceptability via a technicality. Thanks for the grins. I'd love a few more laughs from any that would seek to defend Alpo's position in that mess as well :lol:

Oh...I'm sorry...you've covered that = the mentioned Alpo/AWA swine pays his dues, and is a "member" in good standing :lol: I'm quite certain that the wives, children, etc of the Ansett pilots can thusly have no ill will towards your heroes herein :lol:

"...all...Honorable men!!" ;)

Chip,

And if we are going to go down this road don't forget the United Airlines ALPA MEC authorized their pilots to fly in Australia. They will deny it to they day they die but they flew in Australia against the labor movement such as it was. They will cite any number of things to justify their position but they crossed the line just as you accuse some at AWA of doing. Only difference being that AWA was not unionized at the time and United ALPA pilots had a strong union and a strong position of supporting labor except when it was to their economic benefit not to as was the case in Australia. Lots of money to be made there then so it was okay to tell Aussie labor to f*** off and that is exactly what ALPA and United ALPA pilots did.

ALPA and ALPA United pilots at the time created the avenue to torpedo a fledgling pilot union down there. In any further posts you make please do not forget to reference that United Airlines ALPA pilots helped destroy Australian airline pilots lives and careers. OK?

Thanks!

Sure Bob. Because minimizing the actions of your group by hiding behind the skirts of others works so well. and are you saying that because you were not "union" it was OK to fly struck work?

I believe there was no picket line because there was no provision for one, their laws are clear on that. They quit? What do you think you do, in essence, when you go on strike in the states? Yeah, there was no "picket line", as such, you just flew struck work, a difference of splitting hairs, a quibbling matter.

IMHO, your attitude is bankrupt in the extreme, though probably "mainstream" in the US. It is probably why the Bush Admin can "justify" raping a 7 year old boy in front of his father by saying, well, "they" behead" people, we didn't kill the kid and Fauxians go right on thinking 'Merikans are so much better than "____________", thinking the raped kid will have a "normal" life, assuming his "tribe" lets him live or he doesn't become a suicide bomber for revenge.

BTW, how many UAL pilots became "blokes" vs AWA pilots? Did the UAL blokes go back to the states? Was it temp work or could one stay?

You desire to "balance" the discussion by including fellow miscreants won't work. "He did it too" will not work in the cockpit, either.

Instead of trying to parse their way onto some sort of pedestal, they should acknowledge their scab status and move on. They just demean the entire industry by pretending otherwise.

<<
BTW, how many UAL pilots became "blokes" vs AWA pilots? Did the UAL blokes go back to the states? Was it temp work or could one stay?>>

Shark,

Isn't your statement above the same excuse reasoning you gave about my statement? And then you somehow invoked the raping of boys? If it was all as black and white, right and wrong, moral or immoral as you seem to think then why are you giving a technical out to United?

I have no love for scabs or those making excuses for scabs. But when we start talking about scabbing I think we had better make sure the issue is universally understood and clear. What happened in Australia is not the virginal test case of a dispute that created the potential for scabbing.

So you cane take your rape metaphors and other jihadic attitudes and stuff them right back up the place on your posterior that they came from.

Thanks ever so much!

Sure Bob. Because minimizing the actions of your group by hiding behind the skirts of others works so well. and are you saying that because you were not "union" it was OK to fly struck work?
Did HP pilots volunteer or subject to being fired

What do you call US Air pilots that made a secret deal with the company to fly over the IAM picket line in October of 1992?

The deal was that every pilot would get paid for their trip regardless if it flew or not.

The company grounded all the MD80s, DC-9s, F28s, F100s and some 737-200s.

What do you call pilots who cleaned planes during the 30 day cooling off period and during the five day strike?

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.

Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with.

Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.

Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commision in the british army.

The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country.

A scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

Author --- Jack London (1876-1916)

Back