Wolen

Sep 18, 2013
So, I rarely post "hate mail" about businesses, but I strenuously encourage everyone to avoid Air Canada. I have been on the phone all day trying to convince them to let us simply skip 1 leg of our marathon flight since we are already closer to our layover destination. i.e. They want to charge us $1000 EXTRA to NOT fly us from Berlin to Dusseldorf! Otherwise, we have to essentially drive from Dusseldorf to Berlin, just to fly back to Dusseldorf for a layover before we fly to Toronto!
I HATE AIRCanada

So, I rarely post "hate mail" about businesses, but I strenuously encourage everyone to avoid Air Canada. I have been on the phone all day trying to convince them to let us simply skip 1 leg of our marathon flight since we are already closer to our layover destination. i.e. They want to charge us $1000 EXTRA to NOT fly us from Berlin to Dusseldorf! Otherwise, we have to essentially drive from Dusseldorf to Berlin, just to fly back to Dusseldorf for a layover before we fly to Toronto!
I HATE AIRCanada
------------

Actually, if you had been smart enough to figure out that driving to Berlin to originate your trip would save you 1000$, you would be seen as a savvy traveler.

But to #### about you poor planning and ending you driving portion of your trip in Dusseldorf instead of where you flight originates from, makes you look, ...well, kinda stupid....

And not realizing that flights are priced upon competition and not distance or convienence, shows that you are either, well....stupid, or just trying to trick Air Canada out of money.

What you are trying to do is legally theft

That has been tested in court, and you lose.

Fare from Dusseldorf is not the same as the fare from Berlin, for a multitude of whatever reasons.

You agreed to the terms and conditions, and change fees, when you bought the ticket.

Enjoy ur flight

Wolen said:
I HATE AIRCanada

So don't fly them again.  However, you can expect the same thing from Lufthansa or American or any other airline that might compete on the route.  It's called "hidden city" ticketing, and most contracts of carriage prohibit it.