Iah To Close

Update in case anyone cares about my stupid WN-DL trip: It turns out I won't be flying Southwest from DAL to IAH. Delta changed the schedule and the only usable IAH-SLC flight is on CO, and of course NONEpass has no award seats. :angry:

I suggested that I leave from DFW rather than IAH on a Delta flight to SLC and Delta agreed (leaving the stopover arrival into HOU), so I will fly WN from MAF to DAL and then I have four hours to go over to DFW. That's a 250 mile wide "stopover point".

At first I was planning to just get off the WN flight at DAL and no-show the flight to IAH. I tried out the change flight feature at southwest.com (never had a reason to use it before) and guess what -- Southwest refunded $4.50 in taxes and gave me a $23 credit, even though the outbound flight is sold out of the fare I originally purchased (i.e., they only re-priced the direction I wanted to change rather than the whole thing).

I was floored -- I changed my flight in three minutes, didn't pay a change fee, and got a tax refund that the other airlines would pocket! :up:

JS said:
I was floored -- I changed my flight in three minutes, didn't pay a change fee, and got a tax refund that the other airlines would pocket! :up:
[post="245247"][/post]​
Sssh! One of the legacy's may be reading this.

Back