In memory of Jennifer Riordan

Tinkerbell

May 1, 2012
Read this one
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...-flawed-maintenance-program-article-1.3943751

All these airlines are Being ran By Guys who really believe That American Aircraft mechanics are nothing more than Over paid under worked knuckle dragers protected by Union's and the Railroad labor act and are the Scum of the earth!

They believe that anyone can do the work all they care about is flying the plane.

I can tell you with 30 years of experience there are far to many individuals working on today's planes right now here in the USA who have no business working on a Bicycle let alone an Airliner fling at 38k feet at 500 mph! And They ship them to Third world country's???

Me Personally I want the Fatest laziest airline mechanics I can find working the terminal and I will tell you why! A lazy ass Is Smart! He wants to go back to sitting on his Brain watching TV he knows how to fix stuff faster so he can go back to sitting on his brain!
When he cant fix it fast He has lots of job seniority under his belt and his job is protected by a Union so he isn't afraid to tell the Boss to go pack sand its broke It cant fly today and it needs to go to the hangar to be fixed right! As the work goes beyond his scope as a Line Maintenance mechanic.

Looking Back at My own 30 year career I can Tell you I didn't know squat when I got my licenses they were nothing more than a License to learn! I was a talented little jerk and I knew my way around a wrench and I was fast at fixing things and learning new skills and systems my employers liked that so I was kept on the line, I have seen many come and go its not a job for everyone its a very stressful job.

The Hangar is No different its not for every one I hate Hangar work myself its mundane its repetitive Its inside where the aircraft are repaired and Overhauled BUT Its also Just as important as line maintenance!
Without Guys doing the work right in the Hangar I cant do my job as a Line maintenance mechanic! My Trust is Broken in the chain of maintenance when planes are Overhauled and repaired by others who arnt my brother Union employees I begin to question the Other guy's ability's and what hes done to the aircraft. Gone are the days of trust!

CEO's, Boards of Directors of these Multi national corporations just don't get it.
There quest in Building Walmart's of the Sky's with too many of the cheapest seats crammed into a tube as they can get in there race to the bottom is now without me and without out thousands of others who have quietly Quit and left the industry Plagued by Bankruptcy's, Mergers, Layoffs, working nights, working weekends, working all of the Holidays & low wages with no pensions.

Deregulation has destroyed the industry and Thousands upon thousands of family's lives Its been great for the All mighty American consumer though you can now Fly anywhere you want cheaper than you can drive take a boat or a train! all on the Backs of the American Blue collar worker who's too meek to take a stand themselves they put their trust in Union leaders who are in bed with the company's doing the company's dirty work giving away jobs and benefits in worthless concessionary contracts so they can get a cushy hi paying management job.

This is American Capitalism at its finest after all!

In memory of Jennifer Riordan I ask all A&P mechanics to contact your lawmakers demand an End Airline Deregulation! NO airline should be forced into Outsourcing Aircraft Maintenance in an effort to cut costs! Enough is enough its time to put an end to the Madness!
It doesn't matter if Outsourcing is to blame for Jennifer's death or not!

The fact of the matter is It costs Money too keep Airplanes in the sky cutting corners, Out sourcing, Doing it cheaper by unlicensed mechanics isn't the answer to Airline management budget problems.
Forcing airlines to compete in aircraft maintenance shouldn't NEVER be part of the plan.

Its time the Government took control over Airfare seat prices once again.

Its time to March on Washington!
Its time Professionals such as yourselves demand an end to the madness!

Your Union is not going to do it for you!

Your either Part of the Problem OR part of the solution

I have had 12 interviews with SWA and in all I was turned down as an applicant every time as I just didn't cut it as Part of the team because of my last job and what happened there but I can tell you as Part of the aviation maintenance world this woman deserved better! Her family deserved better!

At the end of the day all that matters is ALL our brothers and sisters get down safely along with ALL our Passengers! ALL of them! NO MATTER WHAT AIRLINE YOU WORK FOR! OR UNION!
ALL deserve to get home safely

End third party Maintenance today

Last edited:
Washington D.C. is full of political cowards that are only interested in getting re-elected in 2 or 6 years (depending on what House of Congress they belong to). They are NOT going to pass legislation that would make flying more expensive for the voting public. The days of Democratic support for unions (Republicans never supported unions) is gone except for lip service which doesn't change anything.

Given the situation what would you suggest unions do? Strike? If it happened to a major airline, the President would order strikers back to work under provisions of the Taft-Hartley Act or the National Railway Labor Act. Union officers can be jailed if strikers do not return to work. Are union leaders willing to go to jail for the cause? I think not. Jail time does not produce income to pay the mortgage or buy groceries.

Outsourcing airplane maintenance work to 3rd and 4th world countries is not going to end unless there is a major airline disaster which can be directly traced to maintenance done in other countries. Even then, there would be arguments from some that the disaster could have been caused by domestic maintenance also.

Last edited: