Inflight---panic attack man rushes cockpit

Guy can "bolt" for a cockpit all he wants, even with the pre-911 system, he would not have broken through.
Well, you may let the guy warm up and take a couple tries at the C/P door(wouldn't you be surprised if the F/As let him do that) but your PAX may not share your confidence.

Gee what would the mind set be if the front end heard a couple of loud crashing noises coming their way?

Your thinking is embarrassing.

Please tell me that the F/As knew that it is physically impossible to open an exit in flight. (Unless you are Superman). Please. Okay, i know that the industry has changed a great deal since Bernoulli's principle was covered in new hire training, but I would really hate to think that the F/As thought the disturbed man could open an exit.
Just let any nut job run around trying to open every door on the A/C.

Take your best shot. What harm can he do? Back to the People magazine.

You're just as embarrassing as "Iletsomeoneterroizeaplanefulofpeople ".

Reactions: 1 person
Guy can "bolt" for a cockpit all he wants, even with the pre-911 system, he would not have broken through.
Not really. Are you forgetting about the guy that half succeeded in breaking through a cockpit door on a WN flight 11 years ago before getting the bum rush? And then there were the DC-9/MD-80 doors where a half sleeve of minis flying out of an unsecured galley compartment would go right through the blowout panel upon landing. Better pick 'em up before we get to the gate, Maverick! :eek: :lol:

Why did the flight attendants run for the doors? Is that a procedure?
It's not the doors they were protecting, it was the issues of Tiger Beat stuffed in the jumpseats. :p

Reactions: 1 person
Not really. Are you forgetting about the guy that half succeeded in breaking through a cockpit door on a WN flight 11 years ago before getting the bum rush?
If it the same (pre 9/11) even that I'm think about, the disturbed man was trying to open an overwing exit. He did not just get the bum's rush, he was beaten to death by the other passengers. They seemed to think that he could open the exit.

I do remember the MD-80 incident on Alaska Airlines as well; he was able to partially break through the flight deck door before being subdued.

The WN incident involved the cockpit door, and he managed to get a blowout panel open before being tackled. One of the people who was trying to subdue him was an off duty LEO that was injured while trying to restrain him, and as anybody who's seen an episode of COPS knows, taking a swing at an LEO will always end badly for the perp. IIRC, autopsy results revealed that he died of asphyxiation.