INTERESTING 9/11 PAINTING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
FROM THE ARTIST

Dave Maestrejuan
September 11, 2016

This image came to mind while watching the 911 catastrophe unfold fifteen years ago. It took me a good ten years to get it on canvas, a hard image to deal with, let alone paint. It struck me at the time that all these people were caught totally unaware, just going about their daily business when attacked. This painting felt like a way to pay tribute to their last moment, and America’s last moment of unrestricted security.

I was having lunch with a buddy and described the image that was stuck in my head, how I thought it might help tell the story of all these blameless people and he said, “Paint it.” Slowly I started getting images together. Deb and I were in New York and shot reference images of what you would have seen from the towers. There was a lot of research to get the plane right and time in offices to get the reflections of lights in the window glass believable.

I know it is a difficult painting to look at; it was a difficult painting to do. I hope it helps show the victims perspective in some way.

14316891_1775882615984416_2117441954831680792_n.jpg

Another tasteless post. I’m sure the victims families and survivors wouldn’t like the picture. I lost friends in this tragedy and my stepbrother is a paramedic in the city and thankfully survived the first tower coming down as he was attending to the wounded in the triage area.

Another tasteless post. I’m sure the victims families and survivors wouldn’t like the picture. I lost friends in this tragedy and my stepbrother is a paramedic in the city and thankfully survived the first tower coming down as he was attending to the wounded in the triage area.
Thx for their services n sacrifice. That was a horrific day indeed

A most interesting perspective of that terrible day.
I don’t consider it tasteless at all.
It’s a reminder how precious life is and that tragedy can strike at anytime.
We must never forget and always remember those who sacrificed to save others

You don't like it take it up with the artist.

You seem to be following me around the forums with a never ending fountain of criticism.

Frankly, I think you are a long term member of this forum hiding under a new name.

Trying to outrun your bad reputation?

Don't worry too much about it, I am sure you will soil your reputation under your new name as well.

I have better things to do with my time than deal with a troll so kindly piss off.