Is Amr Finance For Sale?

buhbye said:
Has anyone heard if AMR Finance Inc. is for sale?

Just curious.
[post="253272"][/post]​

If there were such a subsidiary, it probably one of the few profitable portions of the corporation right now, so why sell it?....

You're probably thinking of AMR Investments. Yes, they are being re-branded (can't remember what they plan on being called), and I think they are being packaged up for sale. And yes, they are practically the only profitable piece of AMR right now. At AMR, as we all know, nothing is allowed to be profitable.

Keeping a profitable business around solely because it's profitable doesn't necessarily make sense. If one can collect the net present value of the business in cash, and the overall company is bleeding cash, selliing the profitable division that is not part of the core business of the corporation is a good idea.

LaBradford22 said:
You're probably thinking of AMR Investments. Yes, they are being re-branded (can't remember what they plan on being called), and I think they are being packaged up for sale. And yes, they are practically the only profitable piece of AMR right now. At AMR, as we all know, nothing is allowed to be profitable.
[post="253353"][/post]​

Yes, I know that they have changed their name to the "American Beacon Fund." Part of it went public on March 1st.

But this is a master feeder program.

Yes, their is AMR Investments but their is also AMR Finance Inc.

Do you know when they are proposing the sale of this entire subsidiary?

buhbye said:
Yes, I know that they have changed their name to the "American Beacon Fund." Part of it went public on March 1st.

But this is a master feeder program.

Yes, their is AMR Investments but their is also AMR Finance Inc.

Do you know when they are proposing the sale of this entire subsidiary?
[post="253438"][/post]​

If there is, it's not a listed subsidiary of AMR Corporation or AA.

There are a couple of other companies which use AMR as part of their name, including a car dealer out of Australia, a IT research company headquartered in Boston, and a hi-tech manufacturing company headquartered in Toronto...

Former ModerAAtor said:
If there is, it's not a listed subsidiary of AMR Corporation or AA.

There are a couple of other companies which use AMR as part of their name, including a car dealer out of Australia, a IT research company headquartered in Boston, and a hi-tech manufacturing company headquartered in Toronto...
[post="253448"][/post]​

No it IS a subsidiary, Carty began to weave a tangled web along with our current executives.

As filed with the SEC
Company: AMERICAN BEACON MASTER TRUST
Filer: AMERICAN BEACON MASTER TRUST
Form Type: NSAR-B
Filing Date: Mar 1 2005

You had previously set up the following alert:

Search Name: AMR Finance Inc.

buhbye said:
No it IS a subsidiary, Carty began to weave a tangled web along with our current executives.

As filed with the SEC
Company:                AMERICAN BEACON MASTER TRUST     
Filer:                  AMERICAN BEACON MASTER TRUST
Form Type:              NSAR-B
Filing Date:            Mar  1 2005

You had previously set up the following alert:

Search Name:            AMR Finance Inc.
[post="253486"][/post]​

LeBradford gave you the right answer -- there never was an AMR Finance Inc. unless it was 100% privately held and not a subsidiary of a public corporation. Edgar.SEC.Gov doesn't lie, even when asked to...

American Beacon Trust was called AMR Investment Services Trust up until March, and the AMR Investments name dates back to at least 1996 (which is about as far back as Edgar documents go), long before Carty was at the helm.

Tangled web? Please..... save that crap for ConspiracyTheory.Com

They've changed the name to reduce the association with AMR -- same thing the US Airways Credit Union did. Would you want to invest or place your money into savings with a fund or financial institution associated with an airline right now?

Former ModerAAtor said:
LeBradford gave you the right answer -- there never was an AMR Finance Inc. unless it was 100% privately held and not a subsidiary of a public corporation. Edgar.SEC.Gov doesn't lie, even when asked to...

American Beacon Trust was called AMR Investment Services Trust up until March, and the AMR Investments name dates back to at least 1996 (which is about as far back as Edgar documents go), long before Carty was at the helm.

Tangled web? Please..... save that crap for ConspiracyTheory.Com

They've changed the name to reduce the association with AMR -- same thing the US Airways Credit Union did. Would you want to invest or place your money into savings with a fund or financial institution associated with an airline right now?
[post="253494"][/post]​

I know it was set up when Crandall took the company public. Also, AA provided Amr Finance Inc. with a lot of AMR stock.

Why hasn't that been paid back to American.

Conspiracy Theory.com....that is funny..

Unfortunately I deal in facts.

But, good one!

AMR Finance inc. does exsist, though it is not what is for sale. AMR Investments is remarketing its funds as American Beacon and has been for sale for some time. I actually interviewed at AMR Investments in early 2003 and was told that it was for sale then.

Oneflyer said:
AMR Finance inc. does exsist, though it is not what is for sale. AMR Investments is remarketing its funds as American Beacon and has been for sale for some time. I actually interviewed at AMR Investments in early 2003 and was told that it was for sale then.
[post="253507"][/post]​

Thank You. Yeas the American Beacon Fund went public on the 1st.

Again thank you.

Latest posts

Back