Is the company asking the unions for creative ways to cut $$$?

AOG-N-IT

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Res....last month Chip and I went around and around on this very subject.....and the good Captain created a thread for exactly this kind of input. Chip even had Siegels word that the thread would be monitored for useful and productive ideas and solutions.

Many things were brought to light....and many ideas were beaten back and forth too. However..it seemd that a general lack of concern allowed this noble cause to die....and much of that was related to the continued influx of deflating news that kept coming forth from the office and work areas.

The worst part was...of the multitude of ideas brought forward....not one thing was aknowledged by Dave's appointed monitors....nor was anything acted upon either. This in itself lends people to believe that Slashing and Trashing of peoples jobs and lives is all that is at hand here. I hope I'm 100% wrong about that!! but the way the TPA Hangar closing was handled....what else is the rank and file to think???

I realize things are tough but the creative side of upper management amazes me...there is none...why not offer like AA did awhile back...a month off with benefits although no pay...see how many takers you'd have...the holidays would not be the prime time to do this...at AA they had the oportunity to come back after a month...
Both the union and the company need to be more creative to save $$$$$$$$$$. Just a thought...I'm sure there are alot of revenue drains out there as well....that could be looked into other than the easy way out which is to lay off more employees...

[FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]What can we think? Try "we're all f*****" on for size.[BR][BR]Good thing the boss is so friendly, I get all warm and fuzzy just thinking about the rat bastard.[/FONT]

Just got a letter from Dave to employees, He says in the letter "I have received numerous cost-cutting suggestions from employees, and we are completing a top-to-bottom business review to eliminate waste and abuse. Interestingly, in those hundreds of emails from employees, many are pointing out plenty of ways for us to work more efficiently. However most employees point to inefficiencies in some other work group"s contract and few are stepping forward and volunteering their own work rules for revision." Sorry, but I find this hard to believe and feel management is side-stepping the cost savings suggestions employees are making. More money wasted sending letters that mean nothing to employees. We are not even allowed access to our copy machine in INT res, as not to "waste paper". Then why send every employee in the system these letters..

Want to talk about waste, 33,000 letters at .37 a piece is $12,210 not counting the paper and envelope and I got two letters both the samething in my mailbox today!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/29/2002 3:06:58 AM Res wrote:

I realize things are tough but the creative side of upper management amazes me...there is none...why not offer like AA did awhile back...a month off with benefits although no pay...see how many takers you'd have...the holidays would not be the prime time to do this...at AA they had the oportunity to come back after a month...

Both the union and the company need to be more creative to save $$$$$$$$$$. Just a thought...I'm sure there are alot of revenue drains out there as well....that could be looked into other than the easy way out which is to lay off more employees...
----------------
[/blockquote]
Dave doesn't want creativity from the unions.....he wants them GONE!
7.gif']

[/blockquote]
Dave doesn't want creativity from the unions.....he wants them GONE! [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/14.gif'] [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif']
----------------
...... like Dave says, how can we compete when Jet Blue pays their employees 1/2 of what US Airways employees are paid, so you know what he's been after from the beginning ... break the unions.
[/blockquote]

I received my letter from USAirways today and did the same as the rest of the letters I received from "Dave", marked on it refused and put back in the box!! Its obvious he does not care about the employees or their suggestions. Its all a smokescreen, at first I beleived in him but the events of the past week brought out his true colors!!