Is the TSA trying to destroy SWA Cargo for UPS and FEDEX?

sosg

Jun 1, 2008
"It's not my job to keep all freight forwarders in business," said John P. Sammon, assistant administrator of the Transportation Security Administration for the agency's Transportation Sector Network Management. "My job is to make sure a passenger plane doesn't get blown up. Our role is transportation security. If the stuff goes on FedEx or UPS, so be it."

From current edition of Traffic World.

whole article posted in cargo section here.

Shippers and Freight forwarders have onerous regs now, but the new ones coming out will probably cause a huge drop in passenger cargo shipping. With all the other financial worries, can SWA and others sit back and allow billion$ to leave? how many more jobs will be lost?

instead of regs to create and keep jobs, these regs and coming new ones are job destroyers.

"It's not my job to keep all freight forwarders in business," said John P. Sammon, assistant administrator of the Transportation Security Administration for the agency's Transportation Sector Network Management. "My job is to make sure a passenger plane doesn't get blown up. Our role is transportation security. If the stuff goes on FedEx or UPS, so be it."

From current edition of Traffic World.

whole article posted in cargo section here.

Shippers and Freight forwarders have onerous regs now, but the new ones coming out will probably cause a huge drop in passenger cargo shipping. With all the other financial worries, can SWA and others sit back and allow billion$ to leave? how many more jobs will be lost?

instead of regs to create and keep jobs, these regs and coming new ones are job destroyers.

For the TSA to have this kind of mandate it came from somewhere. They could care less about the problems they cause us. With that being said, here's a few good contact's that can remedy this, after all they made the mess:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

http://www.house.gov/

Latest posts