Is US'' business partner UA stuck in a quagmire of mud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercruiser:

I find it interesting that you feel the need to judge my life versus yours, but the fact is I have earned more money at US than I would have had at UA, I have been a line holder most of my career with the most flexible scheduling system in the industry, and your analysis is wrong, which you should admit from my bullet points. Simply do the math.

Moreover, the enormous amount of increased pay I had at US than I would had at UA for my first 16 years permitted me to exponentially grow my portfolio.

Also noteworthy, I feel somewhat sorry for the UA B767 Captain who has a son on my Little League team and he see's his son play less than half of our games, while I get to see all of our games. Super, what's that worth?

I do not know how you define a better career path and if it's "ego driven" by flying heavy metal so be it, but to me it's pay, benefits, and time off, which I believe for me has been better at US than UA, especially considering the status of UA's in-court supervised reorganization.

As I said to Busdrvr, I find it interesting that UA employees feel the need to visit the US message board and "shoot the messenger".

Regardless, this thread was titled "Is US' business partner UA stuck in a quagmire of Mud?" and should not be about UA employees feeling the need to compare them self to me. Wouldn't it be better to stick to the thread instead of trying to "shoot the messenger" or make inaccurate comparisons?

Supercruiser, by the way, how do you know Ed Bular is the last person you would look to as an inside source for UA information? Maybe he knows soemthing...

Finally, I'm glad you would trade a 1700 number and career at US for the same one at UA in a second, but I wouldn't. Personally, I would want the higher income, better scheduling system, and be employed by a company out of bankruptcy with nearly $2 billion in liquidity (thanks to improving fundamentals and the second federal aid program) versus being employed by a company whose CEO and CFO recently said their airline could violate DIP financing requirements, as early as late summer, which could make UA insolvent before the end of the year.

Best regards,

Chip

"I find it interesting that you as a UA employee spend so much time on the US board."

Must I remind you of the title of YOUR thread?

"Is US'' business partner UA stuck in a quagmire of mud?"

Must Chip Munn be constantly obsessed with UAL?

"Moreover, I find it interesting you feel the need to "shoot the messenger" versus look at reality."

Your past statements go DIRECTLY to the credibility of your message and sources. You know, things like U's "plan" to sue UAL for billions and takeover in a coup? Weekends on the yacht with Wolf were you say he explained how no pilot group was ever worse off when he left than when he came (guess that ones no longer true, and I know you weren't actually on his yacht). Now you still think there is some master plan for U to start operating UAL's route structure (maybe since your CASM's are so much lower...). Rich, but entertaining.

"Finally, I believe it’s also noteworthy that US is out of bankruptcy while UA appears stuck in quagmire – what’s that worth to piece of mind?"

You ARE kidding, right? You left BK ONLY to get the loan, and you are still hemoraging cash, and yet you have "piece of mind"? You must be able to sleep through tornadoes. But maybe we need to have ole Capt ferris Buler her at UAL. Our planning dept can't even tell us how many pilots we'll have a year from now, but he can. The amazing Kreskin. BTW, those numbers were floated MONTHS ago at UAL as a 1113 hammer to ensure we negotiated "in good faith", and are VERY outdated.

BTW, I'm 2 hours behind you, you appear to be the one having trouble sleeping
3.gif

Bear96

your''re being a baby. time to take your ball and go home. what is the point of making a big deal about this crap? you guys sound like a bunch of losers with nothing better to do with your time. get over it!

-fatburger-

Chip, a couple of posts up you said you didn''t "imply" that because of the seniority and scheduling of your Little League friend at UA, he was being forced to spend more time away from home, and you pitied him because of the schedule he was being obligated to fly.

Yet here it is again:

----------------
On 6/5/2003 12:42:01 AM Chip Munn wrote:

Also noteworthy, I feel somewhat sorry for the UA B767 Captain who has a son on my Little League team and he see''s his son play less than half of our games, while I get to see all of our games. Super, what''s that worth?

----------------​

Again I see the implication that he has no choice but to fly the schedule and equipment he is flying.

If this is not what you are implying, please explain exactly what you are getting at by bringing this point up more than once, because I must be missing it.

Paraphrased......"I'm so wonderful, I feel so sad and badly that other people of lesser status and/or those employed by other concerns don't have my life, my portfolio, my houses and my paycheck.......

Thank heaven I know this is not an accurate example of the general attitude of the US pilot group, or I would never get on another US plane.

Generally, in polite society, those blessed with greater financial benefits, those that are giving of their time and energies and possess altruistic intent never broadcast such, it's considered gauche.

I''m wondering who the yinzer is who is flying widebodies for UA.? Why else would you not live closer to domicile? Must be a native.

(I''m kidding. I live in Cranberry--but I can''t imagine why somebody would want to live in this neck of the woods and commute to ORD or IAD or wherever).

Pineybob''s silly post is not necessary, just as Chip''s short novel on how important community service is to him.

C''mon Chip, we''re all doing what we think is best for our families. You are no more noble than that UA767 f/o so please resist the temptation cause right now I kind of like that anonymous UA767 f/o a lot more than you.

----------------
On 6/5/2003 12:42:01 AM Chip Munn wrote:

Moreover, the enormous amount of increased pay I had at US than I would had at UA for my first 16 years permitted me to exponentially grow my portfolio.

The portfolio that you wanted the mechanics to protect with paycuts?

Personally, I would want the higher income, better scheduling system, and be employed by a company out of bankruptcy with nearly $2 billion in liquidity (thanks to improving fundamentals and the second federal aid program)

$2 Billion, some of which should be in the accounts of the mechanics who you said should give in to save your hide.​

I agree that this thread has deteriorated and who really cares about my personal life?

However, I take great exception to an individual doing a half-ass job of investigating my life and misrepresenting information.

The purpose of this thread was to discuss how UA and its reorganization appears stuck, not to try and discredit me or to shoot the messenger.

These are serious times for the employees of UA and I recommend instead of misrepresenting information, I believe it would be better for UA employees to concentrate on their airline, before it's to late.

Why? Today NW reported its May Pacific RPM’s fell 26 percent on a 13 percent reduction in capacity. NW’s chief U.S. Pacific competitor -- UA -- said its May Pacific RPM’s plummeted by 47 percent with a 40 percent reduction in capacity. Also noteworthy, UA’s May load factor rose to 77.2% from 73.2%, but its systemwide RPM’s dropped 13.8% in April – the highest drop in the industry.

Supercruiser, Bear96, Busdrvr, or any other UA employee, could you explain to me how these results will effect UA and its ability to meet its DIP financing requirements, with the confirmation that UA’s revenue is lagging every one of its peers who have now reported May traffic results? In addition, how will this effect UA's second effort to obtain a loan guarantee, when the board previously rejected the company's application because Tilton presented unrealistic revenue projections?

Best regards,

Chip

Who first reported UA''s revenue lagged its peers? Chip Munn, who once again is right!

Status
Not open for further replies.