IT Questions

Does anyone agree with me that they should get the site working for at least the intended platform?
FWIW, yes. The fact that it doesn't consistently and without fail a year after the new site went on line tells you something about the ability of the IT department.

Jim

actually this is just a small portion w/ the IT direction of US Airways. First, the website compared to USAirways old site is a disaster. I have people complaining all the time about the "new" us site. the new us site is a 1995 or 2000 website design and navigation. The MAC question is a joke. If you use the right development and deployment environment it would work on MAC. I do use a MAC to book on US however I use firefox not safari to book on US.

There are complex issues with how IT is run and simple issues. For example, look at the new boarding pass who compared the US Boarding pass (large print, everything labeled, information printed once) compared to the new one (most things unlabeled, small print, information printed more than once). Who said WOW - this new boarding pass rocks!

Who did not think that fixing the ability to check luggage in at the airport via a kiosk was if you checked in on-line at home was an important fix. US was stressing to check in on-line only to get to the airport and have to stand in line to check luggage because you could not use a kiosk.

Many, many issues with IT at US. I firmly believe its not SHARES issue - its what you do with it. I buy alot of software and if I don't use in right in the business world my p/l suffers.

I am wireless and have to use firefox...slower than IE PC's but slower than everything else. Sorry this is 2007 and I DO expect lightning speed. I get it on my Mac with AA, UA, DAL, and SWA. There is NO excuse with US. The error message I get is the typical message telling me I either did something wrong or the wrong info was put in....put it in 5 times and was sober.

FWIW, yes. The fact that it doesn't even function consistently and without fail a year after the new site went on line tells you something about the ability of the IT department. The fact that those in charge of IT are still on the payroll tells you something about senior management.

Jim

As a f/a, I try to put my shoes in that of a customer. Bottom line? If you cant give me what I need/want as a mac user while your competitors WILL, f :censored: you. There is NO EXCUSE!! Oh, I forgot, I am just an entitled thankless Eastie. :eek:

I just purchased a MACbook after shopping around and comparing prices/products & reports and as a current Dell desktop owner I really didn't want to deal with all this spam, virus etc.... and I really liked the simplicity of
it. Just two (of many reasons) why I chose MAC.
Now I hear this.
Please Don't tell me (an inexperienced computer operator) that it'll be worse on a MAC than it is now on my dell. :shock:

I just purchased a MACbook after shopping around and comparing prices/products & reports and as a current Dell desktop owner I really didn't want to deal with all this spam, virus etc.... and I really liked the simplicity of
it. Just two (of many reasons) why I chose MAC.
Now I hear this.
Please Don't tell me (an inexperienced computer operator) that it'll be worse on a MAC than it is now on my dell. :shock:

I am bi computer. I have both but I favor my Mac. I am hooked and will not go back. Macs will shut off Safari if there is a hint of a bug. Perhaps the problem is with the lack of virus protection with US Airways website. My Mac seems to be the only thing in the world that can shut this turd down. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FWIW, yes. The fact that it doesn't consistently and without fail a year after the new site went on line tells you something about the ability of the IT department.

Jim
It's because the company doesn't pay what the people who do that job is worth. Why would a website designer / programmer want to work at US Airway's rates when they can go elsewhere and make double what they would make here?

Unless there are other motives involved, a lot of people consider money the number one reason for accepting a job. For some people, that's not the case.

Boy, it stinks knowing that the company has issues .. and there are people who should be doing their jobs sitting around, not doing them or doing them poorly (I'm speaking of management) and not making sure the quality is up to par. How can we inflict this on our customers?! It's not fair.

BTW, www.usairwaysvacations.com is MUCH MUCH worse. They can't even pull up bookings on that site. And what, we charge for paper documents? NICE.

Thumbs up. (not)

Latest posts