Japan Union Supports Amfa

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getart...n20050415f1.htm

"JAL, a holding company of Japan Airlines International Co. and Japan Airlines Domestic Co., said it needs to build a cost structure that can cope with high fuel prices and intensifying competition in the industry. It estimates the personnel cuts would save the carrier 34.5 billion yen in fiscal 2007..."

...According to the unions, the carrier stopped hiring its own mechanics in 1994 and instead started outsourcing much of the work. At the same time, the maintenance section was spun off into separate firms with wage levels half those of the parent company..."

Sounds all too familiar doesn't it. Has Dell tried to organize mechanics internationally? Sounds like the opportunity is ripe.

PlayTheOdds said:
I hope those Japs are smarter than you suckers. Delle figures he will never lead a union here in America again so now he is going to sucker the Japs.
[post="298102"][/post]​
September 13, 2005 07:20 AM US Eastern Timezone

United Auto Workers Donate $880,000 to AMFA Members Striking against Northwest Airlines

DETROIT, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 13, 2005--The United Auto Workers (UAW) union has donated $880,000 as a sign of solidarity to assist Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) members who are currently striking against Northwest Airlines, AMFA announced today.

UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said, "Northwest Airlines' behavior toward AMFA is blatant union-busting and an insult to every American worker. The UAW is proud to offer this support to AMFA members."

According to Bob Rose, president of AMFA Local 5 in Detroit, "This money will be distributed out of Local 5 to every striking AMFA member nationwide. We sincerely thank Ron Gettelfinger and all UAW members for this generous expression of solidarity. We at AMFA have been pleased by the growing financial support we are receiving from other unions."

PlayTheOdds said:
I hope those Japs are smarter than you suckers. Delle figures he will never lead a union here in America again so now he is going to sucker the Japs.
[post="298102"][/post]​

Bigoted as well.
SCAB + Bigot

Multi dysfunctional are you not?

-BigE

PlayTheOdds said:
Looks like Delle is going to get a new beach house with yacht included.
[post="300376"][/post]​
And you IAM stooge are about to be discarded like soiled underwear WHEN not IF NWA files BK!

Who cares? I sure don't. That means I get to go home. You act like this is the only thing going. I'm ready to take the rest of the year off. By the way, have you seen the other jobs out there? Check out Aviationemployment.com.

Well hotshot whats stopping you? your nothing more than a stooge who is either IAM/TWU/MANAGEMENT, you have fooled no one by coming on these boards to slam AMFA. We have been hearing it for some time now from your kind and you have every reason to be nervous!

local 12 proud said:
And you IAM stooge are about to be discarded like soiled underwear WHEN not IF NWA files BK!
[post="300389"][/post]​

Doesn't PTO sound a lot like Steve Connell, the iam/twu/company stooge?

PlayTheOdds said:
Nervous? I have no reason to be nervous. I'm having a good time. This is like being on an all expense paid vacation and getting paid for it. I'm sure you meant to say that you have every reason to be nervous. Not me.
[post="300410"][/post]​

Have you been to camp snoopy yet POT? :ph34r:

NWAMSP said:
Have you been to camp snoopy yet POT? :ph34r:
[post="300686"][/post]​

PTO isnt allowed at Camp Snoopy, it is in the terms of his parole that he cant go within 100 yds of anywhere children play or hang out.

AMFAMAN said:
Doesn't PTO sound a lot like Steve Connell, the iam/twu/company stooge?
[post="300510"][/post]​
Yes he does, and after reading his 300+ post that have nothing but hatred for AMFA I have no doubt he is either IAM or TWU!