JB to start basic fares

Are you kidding? Basic fares are doing exactly what they're intended to do -- allowing network carriers the ability to compete dollar for dollar in a fare comparison against NK/F9 on sites like Kayak, Priceline, etc....

It's also being presented to customers in a way that results in people buying up to non-basic economy fares, netting not only increased sales to most price sensitive travelers, but it's also getting a few more bucks per transaction out of other customers...

I got the impression that people had no problem purchasing the cheaper ticket. It was when they thought they should be allowed to move to empty, but more comfortable, seats. When Basic Economy was first announced I thought that I had found a reason to be grateful that I was retiring. I knew that with the BE restrictions--no upgrades, no luggage for overhead bins, etc that there would be problems with the passengers.

I was referring to the barrage of nickel and diming the customers to death. JB is already a low cost airline really didn't think they would enter the basic fare program or need to. In the past I have put JB right in the middle of LCC and other legacies with a better price network and cheaper fares.

Jetblue's costs aren't as low as you think. They're a 21 year old unionized airline...

I know that E. But they are still considered a LCC. And like I posted they are more like between LCC and legacies, kida like ULCC is to LCC, just a click away to make themselves a bit cheaper.
Pilots were unionized first with first new contract currently. F/A's just announced they unionized. Waiting to hear about the mechs to unionize and they might wanna do it with the rumors flying about SWA looking to purchase an AB airline. JB is one of them at the top of the merger rumor mills.

Southwest pilots union agrees the airline should explore 'non-Boeing aircraft'

I don't BASIC will be that appealing since you can't select a seat when you book and you have to board last.