Jet Connect Question

N944AT

Aug 26, 2002
Hi, All
Anyone here know any details about how many CRJ''s this Jet Connect product will use? I figured I''ll give them a try on X-Fares, probaly to Milwaukee. Long way for a CRJ, but oh well, I''ve done it on Comair also. I am planning on departing New Orleans on Flight 158, DC-9-30, connecting in ATL on a CRJ, leaving Milwaukee on a 717, and leaving ATL on a 717 for GPT. This was a pretty good idea, except for one reason, CRJ''s can get pricey to operate, some people suggested turboprops for something like this. Dunno, guess we will find out.

I wouldn't reccomend X-fares since you can plan this in advance. If you want it ASAP, I'd do the following:

Book a flight to GSO from MSY.

Flight 154 MSY-ATL 717
Flight 2122 ATL-GSO CRJ
Flight 741 GSO-ATL DC9
Flight 161 ATL-MSY 717

$89.00 each way will save you $30 r/t over the x-fares.

FLJC will have 10 CRJs by the end of '03, with options to go to 25, and possibly beyond. Leonard says that they have the cheapest RJ costs out there, and I guess we'll see if this works. I'm sure TZ is going to watch this like a hawk.

Thanks lowfareair. I will book that, I am well within the range of that with my paychecks, pulled a massive 10 hour shift today, and have to get up at 5:00 to work more. X-Fares is good for some tickets I guess, but I am happy with confirmed tickets. I'll let you know how the trip goes, it will be in November sometime.

I'll be sitting in the bulkhead row, with asprin. Gotta see one before they go. 717 seat is the same, 27A.

FLJC will have 10 CRJs by the end of '03, with options to go to 25, and possibly beyond. Leonard says that they have the cheapest RJ costs out there, and I guess we'll see if this works. I'm sure TZ is going to watch this like a hawk.

You can say that again...I think that TZ will look at the cost per stage length the most, because I think the stage length that C8 already flies is a little too short for RJs to be profitable. If FL can prove that CRJs are profitable for a lowfare carrier, then TZ will probably go after them too...probably to some smaller cities over 300 miles for MDW. Pics of the potential paint scheme of the JetConnect product look great....

I miss the big 'A' here in TOL....just isn't the same

G'day

Ry

I made a final decision on how my trips will work. During Thanksgiving, I am flying

GPT-ATL-GPT on AirTran Airways 717s (One Business Class upgrade)
I'll see the 717 in full action at night.

I have other trips planned too, but this one is my priority. I'll put my extra money in the bank for future trips.