JetBlue get help from ex-US Airways Mgmt...LOL

Elevation

Veteran
Oct 21, 2002
JetBlue Airways, Corp. (NasdaqNM:JBLU - News), today announced the appointment of Richard Zeni to the position of Vice President, Revenue Management, effective March 29, 2006.
Mr. Zeni joins JetBlue from US Airways, where he most recently held the position of Managing Director, Pricing and Revenue Management

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060417/97449.html

They are really doomed :D

If this guy was with the "old USAirways" Jetblue should be out of business within a year!

JetBlue Airways, Corp. (NasdaqNM:JBLU - News), today announced the appointment of Richard Zeni to the position of Vice President, Revenue Management, effective March 29, 2006.
Mr. Zeni joins JetBlue from US Airways, where he most recently held the position of Managing Director, Pricing and Revenue Management

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060417/97449.html
They are really doomed :D

Interesting in the context of JetBlue having talked about getting their revenue/yield up the last few months, and they are actually hiring an outsider...

Interesting times ;)

Now, if I can just figure out WHEN the virus will become symptomatic, I'll know when to place an order to short JB! :lol:

Talk about ironic...Neelman insinuates US Airways provides an inferior product, US Airways bleeds money and merges to survive...and then JB hires the former US Airways Revenue guy? Too funny :lol:

I worked with this person in EWR with PI for many years, and can only wish him the best at JB. Rick was not one of the high ranking people at the old US that can be blamed for any of thier woes. There are dozens of others that I would place blame on before him, many which date all the way back to 1989.

I worked with this person in EWR with PI for many years, and can only wish him the best at JB. Rick was not one of the high ranking people at the old US that can be blamed for any of thier woes. There are dozens of others that I would place blame on before him, many which date all the way back to 1989.

So you know how much he loves television. :D

Now, if I can just figure out WHEN the virus will become symptomatic, I'll know when to place an order to short JB! :lol:

diogenes,

a little late maybe...The Jan-06 gap was a terrific short, I got stopped out long...Hindsight is always 20-20... ;)

SoftLanding

Unlike WN, B6 can't increase load factor to increase revenue. I suspect that their path is to become more like a legacy carrier to increase RASM.

Back