Us Airways Announces Management Changes

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways announced today several key promotions within its management team which have been approved by its board of directors, and the resignation of four of its officers, each of whom have accepted positions at other companies.

David M. Davis, formerly vice president - financial planning and analysis, has been promoted to senior vice president - finance, and will assume purchasing and fleet management functions. In addition, Andrew P. Nocella, previously vice president - pricing and revenue management, will now serve as vice president - network and revenue management, and will be responsible for both pricing and scheduling. Executive Vice President - Corporate Affairs and General Counsel Elizabeth K. Lanier will assume the responsibilities of corporate secretary.

Previously, US Airways had announced the promotion of Donna Paladini to vice president - customer service.

"These are well deserved promotions of talented and dedicated employees who will play an even greater role in the future of our company," said US Airways President and Chief Executive Officer David N. Siegel. "By consolidating the duties of some of the departing executives, US Airways will continue its trend of maintaining a very lean and highly qualified management team."

The resignations are:

Vice President - Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Jennifer C. McGarey will join MCI as vice president, corporate secretary in Ashburn, Va., effective Jan. 23, 2004.

Vice President - Fleet Jeffery A. McDougle will join Naperville, Ill.,- based Laidlaw International as vice president, treasurer effective Feb. 2, 2004.

Vice President - Planning and Scheduling Daniel M. McDonald will take on the responsibilities as DHL's senior vice president, network planning - the Americas in Cincinnati effective Jan. 28, 2004.

Vice President - Labor Relations and Benefits P. Douglas McKeen will remain with US Airways through the end of the first quarter, and then will return to labor consulting in Minneapolis.

"These four individuals have distinguished themselves over and again during a very challenging period for this airline, and I want to thank each of them for their commitment and accomplishments while at US Airways. I wish them the best in their endeavors," said Siegel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: US Airways

I have to wonder what the compensation levels will be like for the newly promoted VP's ? Do you think they will be making

(a) More than the person whom they replaced?

(B) Less than the person whom they replaced?

© The exact same as the person whom they replaced?

With the all the Unionized Employee's being asked to take less , while being asked to do more , would it not be prudent to lead by example ?, ands show proof of the comittment of a shared burden?

It seems that they have just moved some pieces of the puzzle around.....leaving us with the same puzzle.

What we need is a puzzle with an entirely different picture. Nice try. :down:

PineyBob said:
When you see changes at the top you always wonder why.
They were caught taking pencils home... It's in the book of ethics...

One of the Dow Jones Press releases says the company streamlined management by having exisiting management assume additional duties. It is not very written, however, as not all of the positions that left seemed to be picked up (McKeen for example).

This is a classic example of bailing ship. Notice all of them had positions somewhere else.

The Mole said:
Doug McKeen will be missed, he was fair and well respected by labor.
You have to be kidding right?

I know for a fact the IAM and AFA did not like or cared for Doug McKeen. What you have posted is 100% false.

Bottom line, they had to many VPs in Labor Relations dept. (3). Now they have two.

They are all from the same mold, and both Jerry, and Doug were brought in by Dave on a "mission", and that was to force labor into concessions by any method possible.

I have been told that Doug had a catastrophic event in his personal life, and for that I am truly sorry for him He needs to be with his family, and his choice is the right one.

Also heard Doug had big problems with Neal Cohen.

Second, the Director of Maintenance Finance is leaving, that person and one of the departing VPs are being investigated for some shady parts deals.

Allegedly they sold a bunch of parts from the Vista warehouse for 50 cents on the dollar then bought them back at one dollar for every 50 cents.

Siegel and his minions can spin it any way that they want, but the fact of the matter is that these executives sensed the troubled waters ahead and left for better, more stable opportunities. Executive Recruiting firms are always lurking in the high weeds, waiting to pillage the officer ranks of failing companies. I would expect the exodus to continue as long as the company's future remains in serious doubt.

Latest posts