JetBlue to fly overseas! It''s on CNN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2003
David Neeleman stated that he is seeking to position JetBlue as a low cost alternative to Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and Australia. He plans to use his new Embraer 190 aircraft in a single row, 2 X 2 configuration, for a total of 4 seats per plane! Every simgle available inch of the aircraft will be used as a giant fuel tank. That way the Embraer will have the range needed for flying from JFK to Hong Kong nonstop. Other routes being looked at include:

Fort Lauderdale to Seoul, South Korea
New Orleans to Cologne, Germany
Long Beach to Sydney, Australia
Salt Lake City to Buenos Aires, Argentina
Denver to Lagos, Nigeria
Syracuse to Lima, Peru
Fort Myers to Tokyo, Japan
Oakland to Venice, Italy

When asked about passenger comfort on such long flights, the CEO of JetBlue said: Our Embraer 190''s will be more comfortable than the Airbus A320''s we are using now. The passengers won''t even notice the difference. We will add a few extra channels to our inflight entertainment system and extra toilet paper. That should take care of everything.

Get a clue. You think you're being funny, but I--and I think most people--would gladly take a 4-seat 190 halfway across the world. Ever heard of business jets?

Just look at Lufthansa's 737 BBJ between Newark and Dusseldorf. Sure, it's small, but according to the people I know who have flown it, in terms of "passenger comfort" it beats just about anything else flying scheduled service across the Atlantic!

Try spending 14 hours in a middle economy seat on a 747, and then tell me that bigger planes are more comfortable than smaller ones.

TOPIC CLOSED

Wind-Up Artist
The term "Wind-Up Artist" is generally labeled to those that make postings that are designed to divide the people involved, and start a debate that quickly deteriorates into silly name calling. This type of posting is discouraged because it can often end a quality discussion prematurely.

Hey dipschtick! You're the nut-roll who proposed BUF-SJU direct. What kind of a mission are you on? Do they know that you slipped out of the institution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back