JetSPEW

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01312007...ria...ligiannakis.htm

January 31, 2007 -- An Upper East Side woman has filed a $5 million lawsuit against JetBlue, charging that the airline tossed her off her flight for fear she would toss her cookies.

In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Phyllis Gershon says a flight attendant told her she was a "risk to the passengers on the flight" and "a threat to the plane" after she asked for a plastic bag in case she had to barf.

"Plaintiff felt as though she had been accused of being a terrorist, and she became embarrassed and humiliated," the suit says.

Outside of her East 68th Street apartment building yesterday, Gershon said, "I don't want to discuss this. It's something that's been very difficult for me." A spokeswoman for JetBlue declined comment.

The upchuck uproar unfolded in October, shortly after Gershon, 73, took her seat for her flight home to New York after a brief trip to Burbank.

Gershon explained to the stewardess that she'd gotten food poisoning from a sandwich, asked for a paper bag - and the flight crew "together, with one feeding off the hysteria of the other, created an incident of immense and unwarranted proportions."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01312007...ria...ligiannakis.htm

January 31, 2007 -- An Upper East Side woman has filed a $5 million lawsuit against JetBlue, charging that the airline tossed her off her flight for fear she would toss her cookies.

In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Phyllis Gershon says a flight attendant told her she was a "risk to the passengers on the flight" and "a threat to the plane" after she asked for a plastic bag in case she had to barf.

"Plaintiff felt as though she had been accused of being a terrorist, and she became embarrassed and humiliated," the suit says.

Outside of her East 68th Street apartment building yesterday, Gershon said, "I don't want to discuss this. It's something that's been very difficult for me." A spokeswoman for JetBlue declined comment.

The upchuck uproar unfolded in October, shortly after Gershon, 73, took her seat for her flight home to New York after a brief trip to Burbank.

Gershon explained to the stewardess that she'd gotten food poisoning from a sandwich, asked for a paper bag - and the flight crew "together, with one feeding off the hysteria of the other, created an incident of immense and unwarranted proportions."

This does not bode well for JetBlue. It will be interesting to see what they do to return the stellar image that they once held.

Latest posts

Back